Status
Not open for further replies.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like the path you are on. It's no wonder so many fish don't survive. I agree the process from caught to tank could be improved upon. I think you are onto something with diet. I have found our little guys will eat a variety of things after they see other fish eating, but it does take time. Offering their natural diet in the begining just makes sense to me.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the path you are on. It's no wonder so many fish don't survive. I agree the process from caught to tank could be improved upon. I think you are onto something with diet. I have found our little guys will eat a variety of things after they see other fish eating, but it does take time. Offering their natural diet in the begining just makes sense to me.

I will find out where that fish came from this Sunday unless the manager takes a day off! ;)

I have been watching this colour up for about a week, it was cut and went in 9 days ago, the whole reason the twins exist is because they said I couldn't do this! :)

DSC_0004 (1024x700).jpg

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You should have seen the looks we got by starting in an 8 gallon. The phrase "you can't" became funny. Many things that we tried were only because we didn't know any better. I'm glad it worked that way. Now I ignore rules.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should have seen the looks we got by starting in an 8 gallon. The phrase "you can't" became funny. Many things that we tried were only because we didn't know any better. I'm glad it worked that way. Now I ignore rules.

The original first tank that shall not be named, my first marine adventure, about 13 G is still sitting in my yard, I will get it mended at some point and resurrect it as something different, possibly a monti and mushroom tank? ;)

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The original first tank that shall not be named, my first marine adventure, about 13 G is still sitting in my yard, I will get it mended at some point and resurrect it as something different, possibly a monti and mushroom tank? ;)
What about some rock flower anemones?

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is the last of my first even sand bed, it has seeded a lot of tanks, it will all be used to seed the re-birth. :)

DSC_0006 (1024x684).jpg

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes but no both, I use Sochting Oxydators in all my tanks, nems don't appear to like it! ;)
Interesting observation, and different to my experience, i have a magnifica nem and I use an oxydator with no issues at all... wonder what the diference is

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting observation, and different to my experience, i have a magnifica nem and I use an oxydator with no issues at all... wonder what the diference is

Very interesting, I wish I could keep them, probably just something with me and my tanks. ;)

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very interesting, I wish I could keep them, probably just something with me and my tanks. ;)
It’s what I find fascinating about this hobby and why it’s so hard to copy and replicate success, I use a w oxydator 12% peroxide and 2 catalysts on a 800L ish system... maybe the flower nems are super sensitive, I’m sure @atoll will have a view..

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a D and an A
It’s what I find fascinating about this hobby and why it’s so hard to copy and replicate success, I use a w oxydator 12% peroxide and 2 catalysts on a 800L ish system... maybe the flower nems are super sensitive, I’m sure @atoll will have a view..

I run 2 catalyst in each, 9% in around 550 water volume.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not kept flower nems so can't really comment on them in particular. I have kept mags and BTs plus various mushrooms without a problem using Oxydators. Only by using very high 17% peroxide did I ever get a negative reaction from anything in my tank and the mag was first to react.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will clean the glass on Friday, back left viewed from the front except you can't see the squirt or sponge from the front, my front left view from my desk chair! :)

DSC_0004 (1024x685).jpg

Love the tones of that birds nest Si... and ur blue smurf sponge looks well :)

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear ur hanging by a thread at the job. Well wishes for u.

I have found it hard to get up the strength and motivation to continue my regiment of husbandry on my tank as well, but I will say this...
Once I do finally get to it, the feeling of accomplishment, no matter how minuscule, always seems to perk me up a bit and helps me feel a bit better.

Stay focused on the positives bud.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear ur hanging by a thread at the job. Well wishes for u.

I have found it hard to get up the strength and motivation to continue my regiment of husbandry on my tank as well, but I will say this...
Once I do finally get to it, the feeling of accomplishment, no matter how minuscule, always seems to perk me up a bit and helps me feel a bit better.

Stay focused on the positives bud.

The things that keep me positive are my daughter and my tanks.
If I didn't come home for 2 days for some reason I doubt anything would die, remember I am the ato, doser and feeder! ;)
(Unless something failed?!)

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The things that keep me positive are my daughter and my tanks.
If I didn't come home for 2 days for some reason I doubt anything would die, remember I am the ato, doser and feeder! ;)
(Unless something failed?!)
Simon doesnt know how to fail :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

What member(s) of your home reef are your priority?

• My fish

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • My coral

Votes: 33 55.0%
  • My inverts

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Other Livestock (Please explain!)

Votes: 2 3.3%
Back