Need help deciding on best lights

twentyleagues

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@DeepSea1 Any updates? I'm thinking about the Uno 2.1s as well....
the 2.0s are great and as far as I know the only difference in the 2.0 and 2.1 is the 90 degree reeflector upgrade. Personally the old 90 degree I though looked better not sure how they actually measure up in the par/spread department though I use the 120 degree reeflector. I know someone who upgraded to the new style on their 2.0 and I could tell there was a difference Looked a little more flat I guess I want to say.

OP
OP
DeepSea1

DeepSea1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to wait a month to see the full effects and and give my tank time to adjust.

So far I am very pleased. I am seeing increased coloration, and corals that looked brownish have colored up. The intensity is not as strong as I was expecting. The intensity is still high however, I was thinking I would only need to run them at 60% to achieve the desired PAR, I am running them at around 80% to achieve the numbers I was looking for.

Bottom line I am pleased with the decision to get these over the XR 30. I have friends with the XR and they are not achieving the same results I am.
@DeepSea1 Any updates? I'm thinking about the Uno 2.1s as well....

wsoldier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
What is the PAR range you were targeting? Thanks!

I was going to wait a month to see the full effects and and give my tank time to adjust.

So far I am very pleased. I am seeing increased coloration, and corals that looked brownish have colored up. The intensity is not as strong as I was expecting. The intensity is still high however, I was thinking I would only need to run them at 60% to achieve the desired PAR, I am running them at around 80% to achieve the numbers I was looking for.

Bottom line I am pleased with the decision to get these over the XR 30. I have friends with the XR and they are not achieving the same results I am.

twentyleagues

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

just curious what kind of numbers par wise were you after? How high are they off the water and what reeflector did you use? Also how many watts are you running at peak?

OP
OP
DeepSea1

DeepSea1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just curious what kind of numbers par wise were you after? How high are they off the water and what reeflector did you use? Also how many watts are you running at peak?
Lights are 12" off the water and the top of my rock scape is 10" below the water. I was aiming to get between 350-450. I was able to achieve this. I am running 221 watts a peak.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back