OP
N

natalieyork3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I missed this, make sure your topping off evaporated water with RODI water, not the premixed saltwater. When your water evaporates the salt stays in your tank so you don’t want to top off with saltwater if that makes sense! Good luck!
Yes! Thats what we have. Thank you

OP
OP
N

natalieyork3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you didn't ask me but...
Its best to use a mix of foods, it really depends on the diet of the fish.
Looks like you have clowns and a banggai cardinal. I would feed mysis shrimp and tdo chroma boost
I like to feed mysis in the evening and tdo in the morning, just beacuse pellet foods are easier.
1727563814180.png
1727563847344.png
do you order this

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a cute eel looking fish eel there too. He hides and rarely comes out. We wondered if she killed him. She’s very aggressive. If we took her out and just had her by herself, would the other clown become mean too?
Clowns are fine to keep alone, but some are mean, some are sweet. I had a single clown who would bite my hand every time I had it in the tank. Would even swim to the surface and try to get me if I was close. I have a single clown in another tank who is a model citizen. All depends.

You probably have some kind of Goby who is the eel looking fish. They are usually ok because they do spend a lot of time hidden on the rocks near the sand. ie, they don't compete for the same space as the clowns.

OP
OP
N

natalieyork3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are fine to keep alone, but some are mean, some are sweet. I had a single clown who would bite my hand every time I had it in the tank. Would even swim to the surface and try to get me if I was close. I have a single clown in another tank who is a model citizen. All depends.

You probably have some kind of Goby who is the eel looking fish. They are usually ok because they do spend a lot of time hidden on the rocks near the sand. ie, they don't compete for the same space as the clowns.
She bites me every time I try to clean it or even try to feed them. I had tj take her out today and out her in a cup while I did all this

BristleWormHater

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a cute eel looking fish eel there too. He hides and rarely comes out. We wondered if she killed him. She’s very aggressive. If we took her out and just had her by herself, would the other clown become mean too?
Is it a pipefish?
1727569204107.jpeg

They are hard to keep as they are delicate and picky eaters,I and everyone else have been telling you to increase your flow, but just make sure you don't overdue it for this guy.
I recommended mysis shrimp earlier but get brine shrimp instead. All your fish will still eat it but it is smaller so pipefish can eat it too, but they would struggle with mysis.
Al that depend on whether my pipefish assumption was right though.

OP
OP
N

natalieyork3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it a pipefish?
1727569204107.jpeg

They are hard to keep as they are delicate and picky eaters,I and everyone else have been telling you to increase your flow, but just make sure you don't overdue it for this guy.
I recommended mysis shrimp earlier but get brine shrimp instead. All your fish will still eat it but it is smaller so pipefish can eat it too, but they would struggle with mysis.
Al that depend on whether my pipefish assumption was right though.
He almost glows. He is less than 2 in long and stays under the rock or in that castle.

Attachments

• IMG_0984.jpeg
    IMG_0984.jpeg
    186 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
N

natalieyork3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't get anything from that pic, could you try a better one? I can tell you it's not a pipefush though, so scratch everything I just said.
Been looking through the Aquatic Cove we go too. Its a Neon Dottyback

Attachments

• IMG_0991.jpeg
    IMG_0991.jpeg
    206.5 KB · Views: 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW OFTEN DO YOU BUY NEW CORAL?

• Weekly.

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Monthly.

Votes: 34 21.8%
  • Every several months.

Votes: 39 25.0%
  • A few times a year.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • Once a year.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I'd rather not say as I don't want to leave a digital footprint for my significant other...

Votes: 21 13.5%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 9 5.8%
Back