OP
OP
J

jayden kolonne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the OP said he found her on eBay and she sent him to her website. Don’t know the details.
I first bought from her on eBay I think. Lots of errors, I had all the fish, but it was not what I ordered since I wanted 5 spirigili damsels instead of the mix, diamond goby, stuff that I didn't order. She said she would fix it and redirected to her website.

OP
OP
J

jayden kolonne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up to the cbb being stuck in the wave makers, back looks bent, all fish look like they are hyperventilating. Cbb is on the sand. Turned off the wave makers.

Attachments

• 20240908_100108.jpg
    20240908_100108.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 20240908_100117.jpg
    20240908_100117.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 35

gator05156

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, these are competitive prices and good reviews. I really appreciate it. Future purchases are going to be from here, and LFS. Does anyone know where to get good coral at competitive prices?
I just got some from world wide corals...went through the outlet section(basically factory seconds coral)...only been a few days but the prices were good(can get some from $5-$10)andthey seemed healthy. Small frags, but a good place to start. Not a huge $50 gamble.

ISpeakForTheSeas

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up to the cbb being stuck in the wave makers, back looks bent, all fish look like they are hyperventilating. Cbb is on the sand. Turned off the wave makers.
All of them breathing fast with few other symptoms has me concerned it may be velvet, but let's see what the #fishmedic crew thinks. If you have airstones, now may be good to time to use them to keep oxygenating the water without the risks of the wave makers.

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This fish is dying, can you post a video of all the fish hyperventilating?

It could be velvet if they are all breathing heavy. In this case they all need to go into QT with copper at therapeutic dose immediately.

OP
OP
J

jayden kolonne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This fish is dying, can you post a video of all the fish hyperventilating?

It could be velvet if they are all breathing heavy. In this case they all need to go into QT with copper at therapeutic dose immediately.
I started to see all of them out after wave makers turned off. Looks better. The flow was probably to harsh and the breathing calmed down.

OP
OP
J

jayden kolonne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't look like velvet, from what I've looked up, velvet is saltwater ich. There are no spots. However I added microbubbles into the sump for now.

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If fish are breathing to my knowledge it can be one of two things. Oxygen issue or velvet. If not spots probably oxygen issue. Best to make a new post under fish medics

ISpeakForTheSeas

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't look like velvet, from what I've looked up, velvet is saltwater ich. There are no spots. However I added microbubbles into the sump for now.
Cryptocaryon irritans is marine ich - Amyloodinium ocellatum is marine velvet.

Marine ich has spots, while marine velvet may or may not show spotting only in the very late stages (right before fish start dying).
Velvet will cause rapid breathing, not eating and hanging in water currents. The fish often die within 3 days of the onset of symptoms.

WalkerLovesTheOcean

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Velvet is not ich. It is something way worse that can take 12-24 hours to kill a fish.

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

velvet is not ich, first sign of velvet is heavy breathing, fish often die before spots ever form as spots are extreme infestation and it infects the gills first.

Wavemaker flow would not make a fish breath heavy. Stray voltage from a faulty device might though.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if it's been 24 hours of this would it be safe to call it not velvet. I just noticed since they just started coming out.
Yes, the under stocked tank seems to have been over currented? Please don't add anymore until these have settled in, acclimated, or died, however it goes.

But now that the fish are possibly sick the medics are going to be on you to fix the problem.

How did the emergency tag disappear?

Soap Oops GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

london theatre GIF by The Phantom of the Opera

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not reading 17 pages therefore this may have already been resolve but as a point of fact, can always dispute a charge to get that on record then cancel that dispute once item has been delivered.

ISpeakForTheSeas

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if it's been 24 hours of this would it be safe to call it not velvet. I just noticed since they just started coming out.
As mentioned in my post above - no:
Velvet will cause rapid breathing, not eating and hanging in water currents. The fish often die within 3 days of the onset of symptoms.

Treehrtsme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well the OP said he found her on eBay and she sent him to her website. Don’t know the details.
Huh, if you put a phone number email address web link or anything that seems like a good be referencing one and in eBay message the system of will automatically flag it. They get super serious. It's gotten to the point where they scan photos looking for websites watermarked on them.

Treehrtsme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I first bought from her on eBay I think. Lots of errors, I had all the fish, but it was not what I ordered since I wanted 5 spirigili damsels instead of the mix, diamond goby, stuff that I didn't order. She said she would fix it and redirected to her website.
That's a red flag. Of course eBay charges the seller extra fees but it also provides the buyer extra protection. I know that a lot of people use eBay as another platform to attract customers to their website but directing someone to website because of an eBay transaction in order to resolve an issue is a direct violation of PayPal and eBay policies and would be swollen grounds to win a disputed or claim

TOP 10 Trending Threads

DO YOU PREFER BIGGER TANKS OR SMALLER TANKS? WHY?

• The bigger the tank, the better it is!

Votes: 43 78.2%
  • The smaller the tank, the sweeter it is!

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 7.3%
Back