NYOS Salt

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have idea when they will be restocked? Or is this an ongoing problem with stocking?
This is the first time I've seen it completely out of stock. Glad I got a new bucket a few weeks ago. Have you tried contacting Nyos? I'm sure they will give you some info.

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That's really interesting. I haven't experienced that, and just the other day after a round of testing I was thinking to myself how much I love Nyos because every batch is dead on for me. I test out exactly what they claim it to be on the bucket. I remember it very clearly because I was so impressed by how consistent and accurate it is for me. I wonder why your experience has been so much different.

Again, all 4 of my bags were the same. I've reordered new bagsonths later and they come with 8.5 all and the previous 4 had 7.7. I mean they vary by when you order and then order again.

This was when BRS started carrying it. They might have tightened it up since then, hopefully. It's great salt, I never said it wasn't.

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again, all 4 of my bags were the same. I've reordered new bagsonths later and they come with 8.5 all and the previous 4 had 7.7. I mean they vary by when you order and then order again.

This was when BRS started carrying it. They might have tightened it up since then, hopefully. It's great salt, I never said it wasn't.
Oh I don't doubt you, I just found it curious. I would be willing to bet it was growing pains in the beginning and it has worked itself out. The bucket I am finishing up on now tests exactly at what is listed and also the bottom of the bucket tests exactly as the top did, which I was impressed with as well.

I'm about to pop a new bucket open in a week or so, and the buckets are different batches ordered a good bit apart. I'll post back on what the results are. I'll keep using it as long as it stays consistent for me. I can't get over how crazy clean it mixes.

Jimbo327

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so here is the info from Nyos.

First, all of North America for Nyos is distributed through Aperture. And Aperture is basically BRS. So when I asked Nyos directly, they actually routed me to BRS for answers.

From BRS, the salt is delayed and in ocean transit from EU. It will be here late June and they distributed to all the North America vendors. So most likely, it'll be available again in early July.

SpyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

First, all of North America for Nyos is distributed through Aperture. And Aperture is basically BRS. So when I asked Nyos directly, they actually routed me to BRS for answers.

From BRS, the salt is delayed and in ocean transit from EU. It will be here late June and they distributed to all the North America vendors. So most likely, it'll be available again in early July.
With folks biycotting BRS due to dropping ghl and coralvue, there may be more nyos salt available

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
lol I tossed out 3/4 bucket 2 weeks ago. Stuff is junk. Went back to Brightwell.

Gribbles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Got a "back in stock" alert today

Aquariumaddictuk

Discus Sensei, Reefing Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loved the NYOS salt.
The only reason I stopped using was the DKH was a little higher than I wanted & I moved over to aquaforest reef.

HOW ARE YOU FIGHTING NUISANCE ALGAE RIGHT NOW?

• Clean-Up Crew

Votes: 69 82.1%
  • Algae-Eating Fish

Votes: 36 42.9%
  • Light Adjustments

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • Nutrient Adjustments

Votes: 35 41.7%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 14 16.7%

Back