Plankton Preserving Systems

Sisyphus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm researching and hoping to experiment with different systems that claim to be able to grow and contribute plankton to the display tank. The only two contenders to come to mind are Walter Adey's "Dynamic Aquarium" and the Dutch "Dymico" system. I'm looking for other contenders to research and possibly experiment with.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm researching and hoping to experiment with different systems that claim to be able to grow and contribute plankton to the display tank. The only two contenders to come to mind are Walter Adey's "Dynamic Aquarium" and the Dutch "Dymico" system. I'm looking for other contenders to research and possibly experiment with.
Interesting - though I admit I don't know much about the methods - after reading - I would suggest that there might be easier, less costly, equivalent methods. However, I'm curious, why are you wanting to do this?

OP
OP
Sisyphus

Sisyphus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting - though I admit I don't know much about the methods - after reading - I would suggest that there might be easier, less costly, equivalent methods. However, I'm curious, why are you wanting to do this?
My thought was the same as Adey's: to attempt to recreate a more natural environment. I agree that the usual farming method of keeping a tank--high inputs, high outputs--is likely much cheaper.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back