OP
alex37310

alex37310

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way - I'm confused. So forgive me - since there is a copper level problem. In your OP you say its a '20L' tank - but above you say its 15 gallons filled? Again maybe I'm misunderstanding - and I know you have 2 tanks - so if I'm misunderstanding - apologies.
Correct, sorry if I wasn’t really clear. My DT is 55g treated 2 clown prazi+metro

My QT is a 20L that was filled at about 15G maybe a bit more to allow room if I needed to dilute copper concentration without having to remove water. This one is treating the tang

OP
OP
alex37310

alex37310

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AS far as the color of the two samples side by side, part of the difference may be the lighting on the photo.

I agree with everything you said here. Doesn't make sense. I would definitely call Hanna. Since the tang has not shown ich symptoms, I would probably do a 50 % water change just in case the high reading is close to accurate then wait until you talk to Hanna before you try to reset.
Problem solved @threebuoys smh

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem solved @threebuoys smh

I forgot all about that thread and the contaminated syringe! Good Research!

OP
OP
alex37310

alex37310

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot all about that thread and the contaminated syringe! Good Research!
Thanks! I was loosing my mind lol.

Also, what would you and @Jay Hemdal recommend for QT my first CUC? I have an empty QT 7g that’s cycled that I ghost fish. I’m thinking if I’m gonna QT my tang for 2mo I might as well QT inverts at the same time instead of later. I’m understanding ich can’t survive more than 90d without fish so that might be a good time to load it up.

Not sure what I would need and what to feed etc

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I was loosing my mind lol.

Also, what would you and @Jay Hemdal recommend for QT my first CUC? I have an empty QT 7g that’s cycled that I ghost fish. I’m thinking if I’m gonna QT my tang for 2mo I might as well QT inverts at the same time instead of later. I’m understanding ich can’t survive more than 90d without fish so that might be a good time to load it up.

Not sure what I would need and what to feed etc

I generally suggest holding CUC invertebrates for 30 days in isolation if they were housed with unquarantined fish prior to you getting them. If you know they were held in a fishless system, then they are fairly safe to just add to your tank. Corals can bring in pests, so I may hold them longer to protect my existing corals.

OP
OP
alex37310

alex37310

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I generally suggest holding CUC invertebrates for 30 days in isolation if they were housed with unquarantined fish prior to you getting them. If you know they were held in a fishless system, then they are fairly safe to just add to your tank. Corals can bring in pests, so I may hold them longer to protect my existing corals.
Makes sense! Great input @Jay Hemdal !
Regarding coral QT, how do you need dosing and identical reef light? I am not familiar with corals yet as I do not have any. I believe I shouldn’t need to dose frags as my salt should have trace elements and only need to dose if I’m getting more corals or bigger ones correct? The light is my issue as I cannot afford a 3 light yet but would like to start qt corals soon

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes sense! Great input @Jay Hemdal !
Regarding coral QT, how do you need dosing and identical reef light? I am not familiar with corals yet as I do not have any. I believe I shouldn’t need to dose frags as my salt should have trace elements and only need to dose if I’m getting more corals or bigger ones correct? The light is my issue as I cannot afford a 3 light yet but would like to start qt corals soon

Correct - a coral frag tank / isolation tank will usually be maintained in similar conditions to your main display.

WHEN IT COMES TO REEFING EQUIPMENT, DO YOU BUY NEW OR USED? AND WHY?

• I usually buy new equipment.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • I usually buy used equipment.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I depends on what the equipment is.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back