Quanta bars!!!!!!!!!

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the reef crest. Have had it around 2 months. Like it alot but the light is really white. He said the its around 18k but there is no way. My kessil ranges from 10k to 20k and at 30% color so around 17k its way more blue. Thinkin its more around 12k. But that being said my corals have responded nice to it and the fish look absolutely amazing under this light.

20230916_205128.jpg
Do you think a reef crest bar and a meso blue would give the perfect amount of blue or would the blue be to much becuase of the meso?

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Helix version of these bars will be out this month with 0-10v control. I run Meso Blues with Ushio 14k bulbs and it’s a great combo. With just the MB on, it’s a nice deep blue/uv that makes the fluorescence pop.
IMG_0841.jpeg

This is with 3 MB on.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I got have a question, youre the first person I have found running these. So what is the apperance of the tnak wiht just the meso blues on. Is it only blue or a blue UV or a mix of blue and white? anyway you could send a picture of just the quanta pro on? trying to get a idea of what bar to buy, to run on a 180 with only 2 quanta pro lights.
I dont have that system anymore.

jhadaway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also anyone who is running these do they have app controled timer? or do you have to use a smart wifi strip?
I have 2 36" meso blues. They are all blue in appearance but placed with my Hydra 32's they are a nice blend. They have a great coral pop. They were also Buy One Get One half off for Black Friday and they were already reasonably priced. They are built like tanks and the customer service was superb. If he puts a dimmer on them he's gonna put a hurting on some other companies. With a dimmer I would consider them for my entire tank instead of supplementing.

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 36" meso blues. They are all blue in appearance but placed with my Hydra 32's they are a nice blend. They have a great coral pop. They were also Buy One Get One half off for Black Friday and they were already reasonably priced.. They are built like tanks and the customer service was superb.
Thinking of getting one reef crest and one meso blue, both 4fters. Just need to see when the reef crest 4ft will be back in stock. Thinking about waiting for a promo, but to be honest done ever really need it. 2 lights is like 280 and capable of growing coral. Unheard of in this hobby. Any from the looks I don't own but very nice and built to last out of aluminum.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 36" meso blues. They are all blue in appearance but placed with my Hydra 32's they are a nice blend. They have a great coral pop. They were also Buy One Get One half off for Black Friday and they were already reasonably priced. They are built like tanks and the customer service was superb. If he puts a dimmer on them he's gonna put a hurting on some other companies. With a dimmer I would consider them for my entire tank instead of supplementing.

I'm thinking a pair of the Helix Meso Blues and a Reef Crest Daylight for the primary (only) lighting on a tank I'm working on... Controlled by Hydros. I've been wanting to try a "bar only" light option for a while, and the 0-10v dimming built in is a game changer.

I'm excited to see some more info on the spectrum and blending of the new Helix bars, but that's the way I'm leaning.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm thinking a pair of the Helix Meso Blues and a Reef Crest Daylight for the primary (only) lighting on a tank I'm working on... Controlled by Hydros. I've been wanting to try a "bar only" light option for a while, and the 0-10v dimming built in is a game changer.

I'm excited to see some more info on the spectrum and blending of the new Helix bars, but that's the way I'm leaning.
I’m hoping Luca comes out with the tropic sun version, but I’m really waiting for his fixture to be released, as it’s based on a 14k Ushio. I think a combo of MB helix and his new fixture would cover everything for me. I would consider replacing my halides, but we’ll see.

BryanS4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of getting one reef crest and one meso blue, both 4fters. Just need to see when the reef crest 4ft will be back in stock. Thinking about waiting for a promo, but to be honest done ever really need it. 2 lights is like 280 and capable of growing coral. Unheard of in this hobby. Any from the looks I don't own but very nice and built to last out of aluminum.
The RCD and the Meso Blue is a good combo. I have these over a newly setup IM 30L frag tank and I like the look. I'll post a pic when they come on later this afternoon. I also have 2 Meso Blue's running on my 50 clue with a 4 bulb sunpower and it's a great combo.

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The RCD and the Meso Blue is a good combo. I have these over a newly setup IM 30L frag tank and I like the look. I'll post a pic when they come on later this afternoon. I also have 2 Meso Blue's running on my 50 clue with a 4 bulb sunpower and it's a great combo.
YES thanks for the pic in advance!!!!

BryanS4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YES thanks for the pic in advance!!!!
The first pic is no filter, standard iPhone picture. The second pic is with 15k filter and more along the looks of what it look like in person.

Attachments

• image1 (1).jpeg
    image1 (1).jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 24
  • image0 (2).jpeg
    image0 (2).jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 22

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first pic is no filter, standard iPhone picture. The second pic is with 15k filter and more along the looks of what it look like in person.
So like a light blue? does it still give the color pop of the vibrant colors, but also doesn't wash out non-floursent corals? Going to put this combo on my 180 but I don't plan on getting corals for a little while and keep it fish only. So want a nice mix so I can appreciate the colors of the fish and the corals once I get them. Do you think these lights can achieve what I am looking for?

BryanS4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So like a light blue? does it still give the color pop of the vibrant colors, but also doesn't wash out non-floursent corals? Going to put this combo on my 180 but I don't plan on getting corals for a little while and keep it fish only. So want a nice mix so I can appreciate the colors of the fish and the corals once I get them. Do you think these lights can achieve what I am looking for?
Yes, a light blue ish color. I don’t have any corals in this tank yet, but I can still tell it will be a good combo. You want the crazy pop, kill the RCD in the am and pm and run the meso blue only! You’ll like the results.

IMG_2496.jpeg IMG_2497.jpeg IMG_2498.jpeg IMG_2501.jpeg IMG_2504.jpeg

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, a light blue ish color. I don’t have any corals in this tank yet, but I can still tell it will be a good combo. You want the crazy pop, kill the RCD in the am and pm and run the meso blue only! You’ll like the results.

IMG_2496.jpeg IMG_2497.jpeg IMG_2498.jpeg IMG_2501.jpeg IMG_2504.jpeg
SWEET, thanks you gave me peace of mind now I just need to wait for reef crest 4fters to come back in stock and I will be buying it. Maybe get the controllable ones by then and bite the bullet and pay extra.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone show me a comparison of og pop vs meso blue? Using the same tank / corals?

I’m wanting to add some supplement lighting, i do like the pics of meso blue but wondering how og pop looks in the same setup

Anyone have both and able to show a pic comparing the two ?

nbooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i can if i remember when i get home tonight, no corals in the tank tho.

Im running 3x6ft bars (1rcd, 1og pop, 1 meso) on my 225g as primary lighting.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 50 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 176 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.9%
Back