Red sea tank crash!!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Depends on the insurance. I asked usaa and they said it would be covered no extra anything needed.
BTW - I meant to mention this. Whenever communicating with your agent or the company make sure you get it in writing as to whether it's covered or not. It's good proof to have in situations like this.

OP
OP
duckdodgers

duckdodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In general you are correct. However, each policy is different. Some cover damage - others you need a specific rider on your policy (i.e. you have to tell them you have xxx gallon aquarium for any damage to be covered). Additionally, some policies cover the tank itself and the stand if its broken - as well as equipment. Livestock, without a special policy I've never heard being covered.

Which tank do you have? Was it a Gen 1 or 2? Redsea may not want to be as helpful as you used a custom stand. Hopefully they and your insurance will give you some answers and results quickly - as its

In general you are correct. However, each policy is different. Some cover damage - others you need a specific rider on your policy (i.e. you have to tell them you have xxx gallon aquarium for any damage to be covered). Additionally, some policies cover the tank itself and the stand if its broken - as well as equipment. Livestock, without a special policy I've never heard being covered.

Which tank do you have? Was it a Gen 1 or 2? Redsea may not want to be as helpful as you used a custom stand. Hopefully they and your insurance will give you some answers and results quickly - as its obviously a stressful situation...
It was a gen 1 and I'll know answers this week

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the insurance. I asked usaa and they said it would be covered no extra anything needed.
True, some insurance companies are better and more inclusive then others. USAA has a good reputation. Allstate let me down after 35 years with them and no claims.

Last edited:

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hijack your thread about insurance, but hoping to learn from this case.

The seam break was at the small white streaks in the bottom seam? Were those bubbles in the seam?

I thought the seam issue was from the tank overhanging the stand to make it flush with the doors. It looks like there is no overhang of the front glass on your stand, though. Is there any speculation as to why your seam ruptured?

Thanks!

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True, some insurance companies are better and more inclusive then others. USAA has a good reputation. Allstate let me down after 35 years with them and no claims.
That sucks man. USAA has been amazing. I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone who’s eligible (military families and children)
We’ve filled 2 claims for water damage on our house in the 5 years we’ve been there and our rates have never gone up.

OP
OP
duckdodgers

duckdodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hijack your thread about insurance, but hoping to learn from this case.

The seam break was at the small white streaks in the bottom seam? Were those bubbles in the seam?

I thought the seam issue was from the tank overhanging the stand to make it flush with the doors. It looks like there is no overhang of the front glass on your stand, though. Is there any speculation as to why your seam ruptured?

Thanks!
I'm not sure I built it flush with no overhang all the seals were good until the other day

DO YOU HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR LFS?

• Yes, I have full confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 101 28.8%
  • Yes, I have confidence in my LFS, but only about certain things.

Votes: 147 41.9%
  • No, I do not have confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 87 24.8%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 16 4.6%
Back