Reef tanks future

Gut Pile

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
standard p/e bust out model in play - big maybe? Would not surprise me in the least or Bertram pulls this w aperture. Everything at the big 3 companies - brs/neptue/ecotech feels crappy. Been on both sides of this working for the p/e parasite and the host but there is no real estate involved - which is usually a big part of this and too niche of a market full of diy hobbyists for the monopoly approach to work. Only thing that would maybe work is if bertram leveraged all the host companies up with debt, pulled the capital out.

Last edited by a moderator:

UtahReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things change it's that simple. Back in the 90's and early 2000's you could buy a Yellow Tang fairly cheap, they were everywhere and were not the most sought after tang. Now look... ridiculous because of bans. I've purchased from BRS since their origination. They have changed tremendously since then. These days they are just not my go to anymore. They have made business decisions that have forced me to do so. I bought an Octo Elite 200 INT skimmer about a month ago. The item has not been discontinued by the manufacturer but sure was by BRS. I purchased it from TSA and they shipped it overnight for free. BRS lost revenue, not my decision but theirs. If folks are waiting for the glory days of BRS to return I think that's a pipe dream. Lots of good companies out there to purchase from. You can accept change or sit around and complain about what was. Either way, change is a "constant" and the best way forward is to adapt and go with what's best for you.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel the real threat to this hobby is the availability of livestock. The stacking of harvesting and import restrictions continues to reduce supply and drive up prices.

But I don't see the hobby going anywhere; not as long as people with passion for the hobby are still around. I'm one of those people.

If a I use a product that is discontinued, I'll figure something out. I'm results-oriented. The only thing that needs to look good is what I keep in the display.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back