SBB - AFTERPARTY SALE- 3 day event 1750 corals. Our Largest sale ever!

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Just snapped my palm with a magnet
Wile E Coyote Cartoon GIF

Reefing_addiction

SBB fed the Addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parameter check in for @billyocean cause I appreciate his diligence. I read he was going to stop holding us accountable and I think he should continue the good work.
@billyocean tested alk again this morning and sitting at 9.6 expect another test tonight around 7pm MST

I’ll test calcium nitrates and phosphates tonight as well.

Last edited:

armyvetheather

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That first one reminds me of...

images (21).jpeg
Yes, and it's PINK! I couldn't resist though the confetti one was what grabbed my attention and I couldn't walk away from it. I will say they aren't nearly as big as I thought they were in the pics but we'll see how they look in the tank once they've opened up before I judge completely.

robanister

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mix up my own 35ppt solution, use store bought distilled water not RODI for calibration. I use the Milwaukee and occasionally a refractometer. Calibrate before every use, it takes 5 seconds.

One thing with the Milwaukee, make sure you have plenty of ambient lightning. I was showing my daughter how to use it once and our shadows threw it off by about 8, so I knew something was wrong.

Other than that I haven't had a problem with it, I also have an ATO and mix my new SW to the exact same salinity, my tank rarely deviates even 1ppt.
Why not 36ppt?

Reefing_addiction

SBB fed the Addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent. I'm ready. All checked: epoxy, glue, plugs, peroxide and brush, towels, frag racks, buckets, kcl dip, making water, trash bags, and my heavy duty dolly
Have 5 gallons of water ready to go. Once the package gets here I’ll make up my KCL dip while everything sits in the the sump for 20-30 minutes. Frag racks and dipping containers are out. Got my handy toothbrush. Have my iodine incase anything looks really unhappy. Will likely dip all hammers/torches in that because that’s my normal for them.

I know everyone dips there sticks in KCL. But can everything else be dipped in KCL? Euphyllia, mushrooms, acans?

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Have 5 gallons of water ready to go. Once the package gets here I’ll make up my KCL dip while everything sits in the the sump for 20-30 minutes. Frag racks and dipping containers are out. Got my handy toothbrush. Have my iodine incase anything looks really unhappy. Will likely dip all hammers/torches in that because that’s my normal for them.

I know everyone dips there sticks in KCL. But can everything else be dipped in KCL? Euphyllia, mushrooms, acans?
I dip my scans and torches in kcl

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

You dip in lugol iodine. Any issues

Reefing_addiction

SBB fed the Addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You dip in lugol iodine. Any issues
I dip in povidone iodine that I bought at target…lol

And no issues. Up until today that has been the only thing I dip in. Usually 10min dip with a light basting. Then a quick rinse in clean salt water.

This has been extremely helpful for things that come in looking rough

Reefing_addiction

SBB fed the Addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not a quick with your 55+ pieces
Definitely not. Last time I did 50 pieces and it took 4+ hours.
hours of work. I am going to break out a heater this time and just try to power through it. So excited to see all of you get your boxes!
i will be adding a heater to my dipping container. No power head though. I just stir the water. I do have a small pump I may (like teeny tiny) try and throw in there for circulation this time.

armyvetheather

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely not. Last time I did 50 pieces and it took 4+ hours.

i will be adding a heater to my dipping container. No power head though. I just stir the water. I do have a small pump I may (like teeny tiny) try and throw in there for circulation this time.
I think that is wise, I'll prob do the same. Just use an air stone or something, but definitely a heater. Last time I did 50+ I just worried because the water started feeling colder than I liked.

Reefing_addiction

SBB fed the Addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that is wise, I'll prob do the same. Just use an air stone or something, but definitely a heater. Last time I did 50+ I just worried because the water started feeling colder than I liked.
I can do 20 corals quick enough to not need a heater normally

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back