!!!!Sigh...CALLING IT FAIRYFOOD!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to buy it but your site wouldn't take my IOU, I'm good for it

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a bit since we've seen a new gem from the depths of the quarantine tank! What's next Mr adam?

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So besides Adam does anyone have this gem?

Vaughn17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is is super slow growing, Adam? If so, then I believe I have a frag of it that came as a BC freebie last year.

Vaughn17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG, I have the Fairyfood! I'm blown away that Adam did this. I mean, it's like getting a freebie frag of WD or Homewrecker...like that's gonna happen.

It is super hardy, btw, and tolerant of both low and high nutrients and a skimmerless system, although it didn't grow much until going into my new 180 that has a skimmer. This is so cool, because I've always felt that this frag was something really, really special. Then a couple of weeks ago, I was looking at it thinking, "this looks so much like Adam's fairyfood acro." I've attached two photos, but be advised of three facts: I'm a terrible photographer, the photos were taken under leds with a high percentage of white light running, and I have yet to get this coral anywhere near its full potential. Also, the shot was taken after the coral was just moved, so it's polyps are retracted. Colorwise, it has a blue-purple base, pinker near the tips with pink, gold, peachy polyps.

A big thanks and a hug to Adam!

Last edited:

Vaughn17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSCN2192.JPG
FF is the little purple frag in the center of the photo, directly below the green monti frag and the humilis colony.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG, I have the Fairyfood!

What was it labeled as when you received it? Battlecorals website says "While it does exist, I honestly don't know if I'll ever be able to actually frag this thing." If you got one awesome. I'm glad there's someone who's a worse photographer than me!:p

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't tell if serious or not....o_O. I would love to know the truth. The base color actually looks like it.

Vaughn17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was it labeled as when you received it? Battlecorals website says "While it does exist, I honestly don't know if I'll ever be able to actually frag this thing." If you got one awesome. I'm glad there's someone who's a worse photographer than me!:p
No, it was a freebie. I got about a dozen frags. He said in this post that he's given some away as freebies. I could be wrong but it sure looks a lot like it.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'm not making it up, lol. I think it wants more light. I bet Adam has it under a halide.
Well since I found out U had the fairy food the only nice thing would be to give me a frag of it to make sure it really is it.

Congrats man sell that puppy for half a million still half off

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it was a freebie.

I didn't know that would mean it's unlabeled, the freebie I got was labeled. I hope it is a FF, that means I'll just have to keep ordering frag packs till I get one!

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The polyps are really cool. I need to learn out to zoom in and take close ups.
iPhone?

Get pro camera app. Turn white balance up to 10k. Take a video. You can screenshot the best focus from the video. It's hard to get snap shots with the iPhone for details.

If you have acrylic laying around or thin glass you can make a portal to get closer to it, or gently bring it to the surface if it's not affixed.

Vaughn17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well since I found out U had the fairy food the only nice thing would be to give me a frag of it to make sure it really is it.

Congrats man sell that puppy for half a million still half off
Maybe someday...not the fastest grower for me.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 56 31.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 47 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 37 20.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 21.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back