Tang Compatability

skesmer88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to add some tangs to my tank. I currently have none and want to add a blue hippo. I have read that a lot of tangs are aggressive towards one another and its best to add them all at the same time. To cut down on aggressiveness what other two tangs would you recommend that could be kept with a blue hippo?

3sgterror

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a blue hippo, Sail fin, purple, and yellow tang all in the same 150 gallon tank.

I haven't had any aggression between the fish that I have seen. All we added at different times and of varying sizes. I was worried about the purple tang as it is the biggest, but it's been a model citizen.

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you vary the shape size and color you probably won’t have a problem whenever you add them. Although some fish can just be jerks sometimes. What size tank?

OP
OP
S

skesmer88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you vary the shape size and color you probably won’t have a problem whenever you add them. Although some fish can just be jerks sometimes. What size tank?
It is a 125 so I was looking to add some around 2 or less inches so I can watch them grow

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'm looking to add some tangs to my tank. I currently have none and want to add a blue hippo. I have read that a lot of tangs are aggressive towards one another and its best to add them all at the same time. To cut down on aggressiveness what other two tangs would you recommend that could be kept with a blue hippo?
make it one of the last to add. Same applies to sailfin and powder blue which I would avoid altogether. I have 26 tangs and very minimal squabbling and issues

OP
OP
S

skesmer88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
make it one of the last to add. Same applies to sailfin and powder blue which I would avoid altogether. I have 26 tangs and very minimal squabbling and issues
I was hoping to get a chocolate mimic or a lieutenant and orange shoulder to go with the blue hippo, do you think there would be any problems with that?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the dimensions of the tank? Fish don’t really care about total water volume but instead the dimensions.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I was hoping to get a chocolate mimic or a lieutenant and orange shoulder to go with the blue hippo, do you think there would be any problems with that?
Thes all should work.

Back