TCK Corals Sunday Live Event | WYSIWYG FRAGS | AUCTIONS | GAMES | GIVEAWAYS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
We’ve got springs down here in Fl too. Even manatees
Very nice! My wife and I are finishing our open water scuba certifications in Spring Lake in San Marcos, TX once she's recovered. It gets deep enough to dive down to 30 feet. Do the manatees go in deeper pools too? Would be cool to dive down with them.

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So you’re really in Hawaii right now? We are wanting to go this Fall for our 10 year anniversary.

Guess what I’m doing today?!

IMG_6365.png

6t4nova

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Awesome! The hillcountry is gorgeous! I lived in San Marcos for a couple years while I went to Texas State. Skipped class many a time to party down at the river!
It was great. I miss it. Although when the dam at Dunlop busted, that sure hurt. I had just listed our house as we were building one in Bulverde. Took a hit on the deal but I saw they have the lake back up and a new dam now. We were 300 yards from the lake

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It was great. I miss it. Although when the dam at Dunlop busted, that sure hurt. I had just listed our house as we were building one in Bulverde. Took a hit on the deal but I saw they have the lake back up and a new dam now. We were 300 yards from the lake
Dang! Did it destroy the house or just some flooding?

Yeah, I miss that area. I am born and raised in the Houston area and my family is here. I wanted to move out there a handful of years ago, but with the cost of houses over there these days, not a chance. Just not worth it. Maybe one day in the future we will move out there.

6t4nova

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Dang! Did it destroy the house or just some flooding?

Yeah, I miss that area. I am born and raised in the Houston area and my family is here. I wanted to move out there a handful of years ago, but with the cost of houses over there these days, not a chance. Just not worth it. Maybe one day in the future we will move out there.

No flooding or damage, but resale sure took a hit lol. We weren't right on the water but even if we were, the house was on the West side of the lake, which is the high side. Even in big flood events, water never headed our way. The East side was one big floodplain though.

Housing in the Hill Country definitely blew up. The house we built in Bulverde sold in 12 hours and having only been there 18 months, we did pretty good lol

JenB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! My wife and I are finishing our open water scuba certifications in Spring Lake in San Marcos, TX once she's recovered. It gets deep enough to dive down to 30 feet. Do the manatees go in deeper pools too? Would be cool to dive down with them.
They stay surface level. Good luck on the certs!

DOES TANK SIZE MATTER WHEN TRYING TO MAINTAIN A STABLE ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR REEF?

• Yes, the environment in smaller tanks is harder to maintain.

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Yes, the environment in larger tank is harder to maintain.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Reef environments are hard to maintain no matter the size of the tank.

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • You have problems maintaining your reef's environment? Noob.

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 3 8.6%
Back