The Ecotech pump clones have arrived in Ali Express !!!

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Solo McReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it is a problem inherent to the magnetically coupled design.
Just started a couple days ago

Two different wave functions at full strength, now have my MP10 dry side dropping off the tank. Only happened recently and a few times

Just remembered this, because of this thread

Thankfully, it doesnt weigh all that much comparatively speaking

It's an older unit, perhaps that has something to do with it. Dunno

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for explaining the flaws that come with this product.

I will now enjoy feeding my fish even more, knowing that I don't have to waste time having to align my powerheads.
I suppose that I would not call them flaws as much as simple traits of such a design, or tradeoffs for the nicety of not having a cord running into the tank and flexibility of placement.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Herbie will be disappointed to hear this :p
If we are putting that on the table...

I openly shared my design... it is in use (sold as part of and as a selling point, explicitly or implicitly ) on a vast majority of reef ready systems sold commercially, as well as countless DIY aquariums.... Usually without credit (unless you call using my pseudonym for sales purposes, credit) and without compensation.

rtparty

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

I openly shared my design... it is in use (sold as part of and as a selling point, explicitly or implicitly ) on a vast majority of reef ready systems sold commercially, as well as countless DIY aquariums.... Usually without credit (unless you call using my pseudonym for sales purposes, credit) and without compensation.

It was all in fun :thinking-face: ;)

VintageReefer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I honestly didn’t know you didn’t get compensation for the design. I thought all these years you were getting a small amount for each one. Well, it’s not monetary, but I will take a moment to thank you for your contribution to making tanks filtration systems better for thousands and thousands of hobbiests throughout the years.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps Jecod is willing to buy it in an effort to improve the product.
Perhaps - but we know that instead it will be on ali for $2.00 tomorrow.

I dont imagine Ecotech being interested - it would raise their prices.
Or offering it may negate one or more of their own patent claims :grimacing-face:

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohh I got that for sure...

But just putting it out there in context to this thread and patents and businesses. We don't play in a world where everyone follows the same rules or adheres to the same basic ethics.

Actually the context was a bit off though, right? Your design is actually enhanced and one could argue safer. I mean I'm looking at my display now and am very thankful for that RC thread.

Edit: and who was first Herbie or Durso :D

Pyrogens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think if you boil what you said down it may not make sense. If quality has decreased, it is usually to prevent cost from rising.
While this is probably the actual case, it still has felt like to me and many other hobbyists and shop owners that Ecotech has been continuing to gouge for the continued downgrade in quality in the sense of continued problems with the product.

I'm just saying, if they're gonna continue to sell MPs at inflated prices, the least they could do is actually have the final product quality reflect that OR at the very MINIMUM, give a warranty longer than 1 year.

EliMelly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m not taking sides between you two. But in an effort to not get this locked…

Here’s my effort to return this thread to its original path.

Can we draw a line and from that point on resume normal discussion about the original topic. A lot of us, not just you two, have meandered of course but courses can self right themselves.

If you have more to say to each other please take to dm.

Resume
You quite literally drew the line!

EliMelly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
While this is probably the actual case, it still has felt like to me and many other hobbyists and shop owners that Ecotech has been continuing to gouge for the continued downgrade in quality in the sense of continued problems with the product.

I'm just saying, if they're gonna continue to sell MPs at inflated prices, the least they could do is actually have the final product quality reflect that OR at the very MINIMUM, give a warranty longer than 1 year.
Dead on, my feelings exactly.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

DO YOU HAVE ZOANTHIDS IN YOUR AQUARIUM? WHY OR WHY NOT?

• Yes, I love Zoas!

Votes: 53 67.1%
  • I like them, but I don't have them in my aquarium.

Votes: 15 19.0%
  • No, they're overrated.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 6 7.6%
Back