The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

Bob Weigant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a couple of new wrasses and I walked into the store thinking “ just get what you need and leave.” Well as I was leaving I saw some wrasses and when I got closer I saw the earmuff which I’ve been waiting a long time for. Next to him was the Latigo Wrasse which I had never heard of until now. Both seem to be doing really good. I only was able to snap a pic of the Latigo
IMG_1336.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a couple of new wrasses and I walked into the store thinking “ just get what you need and leave.” Well as I was leaving I saw some wrasses and when I got closer I saw the earmuff which I’ve been waiting a long time for. Next to him was the Latigo Wrasse which I had never heard of until now. Both seem to be doing really good. I only was able to snap a pic of the Latigo
IMG_1336.jpeg
I’m pretty sure ‘Latigo Wrasse’ are Cirrhilabrus briangreenei - once seen as a Cirrhilabrus pylei variation.

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*sad face*
One day I'll try again, in a different tank.
1000034661.jpg
Not another wrasse I’d love :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

First to attain a laboutei pair and then we’ll see if I pull the trigger on a Lineatus Fairy… just need to find a young male or female and not the mature “super males” you normally see.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy was perfect, I was so excited...
Keep borbonius and hawks far away.
Annoyingly I’ve learnt the hard way with Hawks and Anthias I don’t like all that much compared to a good group of wrasses.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1336.jpeg

The terminal male Latigos (Pyle/Briangreenei) are stunning. You are in for a treat watching that fish develop. Nice pickup!

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought that said green tilefish, not knowing what it was I didn't pay much attention but $275 for an Oreni is smoking. I thought my LFS had a decent deal at $600.

I need some information on the store you go to. I'm going to have to make a special trip one day. Lol
Its Nemo Aquarium north of Atlanta. Giant store with great prices and very clean. They do sell some fish that are ridiculous but otherwise great!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I sure wish I had a camera that worked... Did some snorkeling today and saw at least one Elegant Coris Wrasse, a whole school of what I'm fairly certain were 8 Line Wrasses, and some others that looked like Yellowtail Coris Wrasses, Surge Wrasse, and Slingjaw Wrasses. There may have been a Cleaner Wrasse as well, but it looked more like a Hector's Goby from where I was.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that Leopard is a beauty!

Help me decide:

In a 70 gal to go with my Rhomboid...

Bathyphilus or Lineatus!?
Bathyphilus if you can get one!

I would wait for a lineatus until you’ve got a 4-5’x2’ tank.

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my name is Amanda and thanks to all of your beautiful pictures I have realized I now have an addiction...
Not pictured I also have an Exquisite Wrasse that arrived today and is in QT with the others. In my DT so far I have the Carpenter Wrasse. Sorry the pictures aren't the best they just don't stay still long enough. Lol Also I am horrible with scientific names so please forgive me for using common names.

1000005428.jpg

1000005145.jpg

1000004988.jpg

Last edited:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke to find the YTT moribound. I don’t understand. It looked so healthy on day one.
It’s weird with Anampses as they can seem fine and then just give up.

I guess it’s just always trial and error with this genus - some do great and others not so much. Hopefully the others all do well though!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my name is Amanda and thanks to all of your beautiful pictures I have realized I now have an addiction...
Not pictured I also have an Exquisite Wrasse that arrived today and is in QT with the others. In my DT so far I have the Carpenter Wrasse. Sorry the pictures aren't the best they just don't stay still long enough. Lol Also I am horrible with scientific names so please forgive me for using common names.

1000005428.jpg

1000005145.jpg

1000004988.jpg

have to love a Rubricaudalis! I absolutely adore my pair.

Don’t worry about scientifics, you’ll get the hang of it if you hang out in this thread ;)

DOES TANK SIZE MATTER WHEN TRYING TO MAINTAIN A STABLE ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR REEF?

• Yes, the environment in smaller tanks is harder to maintain.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Yes, the environment in larger tank is harder to maintain.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reef environments are hard to maintain no matter the size of the tank.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • You have problems maintaining your reef's environment? Noob.

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 3 11.5%
Back