Thoughts on Fritz salt mix?

FrostyWriter021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been having issues with mag on my salt that I use and I am thinking about switching to fritz blue box since you can get 200 gallons worth for 70 dollars on saltwater aquarium.com and also I know it's random and I should probably make a new thread but should you refrigerate your hanna bottles for testing after you open them?

AmazingYocool

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally use the fritz salt and have had good success. I know my LFS Uses it too for all of their aquariums. We use both the red and blue box. The red is just higher alk concentration (10-12), while the blue is lower. (8-10). I know that a higher alk can be fine for a fish only tank, like the red box. But if you have a reef i'd use the blue one.

As far as the hanna im not sure, i hope you find out soon though

WhatCouldGoWrong71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’m in the same boat. I was getting RC locally for $60. Since that dried up, Fritz is currently cheaper. I picked up 4 boxes and I am about to mix up my first box and about a quarter tomorrow. I’ve got 100 gallons of RC mixed right now, I am debating mixing 150 G into that.

dakoop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember fritz having some issues a while back. I assume that has been corrected

rsaylor3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No issues here with Fritz blue box. Changed to it from Tropic Marin about two years ago and have been very happy and noticed no difference, accept more cash in my pocket:)

I do refrigerate my alkalinity regeant. I thought I read where someone more knowledgeable than me, said it does keep it more accurate for longer.

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using Fritz blue since I started the hobby for a few years now. Zero issues. My parameters are always the same and it mixes fast.

As for Hannah, I do not refrigerate mine

TOP 10 Trending Threads

BATTLE OF THE INVERTS: STARFISH OR SEA URCHINS? SHARE A PICTURE OF YOUR LITTLE INVERTS!

• Starfish!

Votes: 32 24.1%
  • Sea Urchins!

Votes: 70 52.6%
  • There is no way I can choose...

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • Other (please explain!).

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back