TL’s big boy peninsula 385 gal Sps build!

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya man my clown slams my BTA like it owes her money. Just relentless.
They def loved it to death…. Glad it’s still around thou lol… see how it pans out.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clown completely ignores my BTAs but it loves the old school giant rhodactis mushroom colony. They could care less what she does as they are each 5-6 times its size (and she isn’t a small clown lol)

IMG_2515.jpeg

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking very healthy Troylee!

Episode 8 Abc GIF by The Bachelor

That was not the music I was expecting from you though :p:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: I figured you for more of Bob Seegar/Rolling Stones old fart type!
Thank you! It’s getting there for sure! Hopefully by the end of the year it’s filled in really nice which I believe it will be! It’s such a large tank it still looks empty ish in the video! In person there’s stuff every where, frags I should say lol.. as for the music.. haha! I listen to everything but country that irritates me :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Reniva Ma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made back in one piece! After a 3 day hangover I’m home and good! Haha… tank did well! No casualties just some cyano popping up all over my rocks ugh….
IMG_3955.jpeg
IMG_3956.jpeg
IMG_3957.jpeg
IMG_3958.jpeg
Hey trolee, I love the tank! I was wondering if you grew those colonies over the year or bought them larger. If you did grow them, tell me your secrets! Sorry if this is already posted here, I didn’t want to sift through 40 pages lol.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey trolee, I love the tank! I was wondering if you grew those colonies over the year or bought them larger. If you did grow them, tell me your secrets! Sorry if this is already posted here, I didn’t want to sift through 40 pages lol.
All grown from frags! I carbon dose and feed my corals gut loaded bacteria.. it’s similar to what crt makes “concoction” it’s called now lol..

Reniva Ma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All grown from frags! I carbon dose and feed my corals gut loaded bacteria.. it’s similar to what crt makes “concoction” it’s called now lol..
Nice I’ve tired the concoction before. It never really stuck. I had problems with infections. Can you drop your recipe? Do you have progression photos? I would love to to compare to mine! I doubt I’ll win tho LOL

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought you were using the Sunnyx method with bacto and diy snow!
I do! That’s exactly what I use… but I add a bunch of aminos and reef roids into the diy coral snow. I feed it twice a week.. sunny just uses diy coral snow, zeobak and a splash of mb7… sunny is the one who turned it on to me before crt was doing his thang. I haven’t tried crt’s blend as I’m happy with my own honestly. I mix up calcium carbonate and add all this good stuff to it and let it sit for 10 min and dose! I add each product according to the package directions.
IMG_2431.jpeg

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice I’ve tired the concoction before. It never really stuck. I had problems with infections. Can you drop your recipe? Do you have progression photos? I would love to to compare to mine! I doubt I’ll win tho LOL
See post above… as for photos umm yeah sure he’s a couple. These are 6 months apart. I have plenty more I’d have to dig through my albums lol.
IMG_3293.png
IMG_3525.jpeg
IMG_3529.jpeg
IMG_0749.jpeg
IMG_4155.png

Reniva Ma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do! That’s exactly what I use… but I add a bunch of aminos and reef roids into the diy coral snow. I feed it twice a week.. sunny just uses diy coral snow, zeobak and a splash of mb7… sunny is the one who turned it on to me before crt was doing his thang. I haven’t tried crt’s blend as I’m happy with my own honestly. I mix up calcium carbonate and add all this good stuff to it and let it sit for 10 min and dose! I add each product according to the package directions.
IMG_2431.jpeg
If I’m not mistaken Sunny’s method consists of dosing all those products at once instead of letting it sit in a box like crt right?

Reniva Ma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See post above… as for photos umm yeah sure he’s a couple. These are 6 months apart. I have plenty more I’d have to dig through my albums lol.
IMG_3293.png
IMG_3525.jpeg
IMG_3529.jpeg
IMG_0749.jpeg
IMG_4155.png
I don’t Know If it’s the specific pieces but I’ve been told I have fast growth but it’s no where close to that. You run halides too? That probably has something to do with it.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I’m not mistaken Sunny’s method consists of dosing all those products at once instead of letting it sit in a box like crt right?
Correct! I do it the same way Sunny does.. it takes me 2 min to mix it up I let it sit for 10 min and then my skimmer and return off and feed the tank.. I let it run 60-90 minutes with my mp-40’s on and then turn everything back on and watch the magic happen.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t Know If it’s the specific pieces but I’ve been told I have fast growth but it’s no where close to that. You run halides too? That probably has something to do with it.
I do run halides! I love them! You’ll never see a pc rainbow grown under leds like this! LEDs don’t bring out the gold as much. My halides grow them and color them and the blues make them pop!
IMG_4229.png

DOES TANK SIZE MATTER WHEN TRYING TO MAINTAIN A STABLE ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR REEF?

• Yes, the environment in smaller tanks is harder to maintain.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Yes, the environment in larger tank is harder to maintain.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reef environments are hard to maintain no matter the size of the tank.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • You have problems maintaining your reef's environment? Noob.

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 3 11.5%

Back