Trident magnet/stirrer replacement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ryewalk84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where can I get a replacement magnet for inside the cuvette? Mine has split apart an is rusting. My tests run for an hour before failing and saying “B failed”. I believe the magnet is the problem because I can see a distinct separation of pink and blue in the cuvette when the tests are running.

OP
OP
R

ryewalk84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured I’d update. After explaining what the magnet was doing and that the reagents weren’t mixing properly, neptunes only suggestion was to send them the unit for repair. Went hunting and found magnets that were about the right size. Problem solved. Reagents mix as should and no more failures.

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For others looking for these, Amazon has them. Lookup “Magnetic Stir Bar”.
Yes but there are a myriad of sizes.
Which is best for the the trident?

Im clumsy. I was cleaning the trident and lost the "stirrer pill".
Because there is absolutely no detailed info online on what size should be used, i ordered half a dozen different sizes and will see which works best.
And guess what? I will share the size i found did work best, after they all arrive and i am done testing. Common decency, so the next person won't need to do what i did and waste money on all different sizes.

Its a bit strange that any internal parts for the trident is really hard to get info on.
From the tubing, pinch valve, to the stirrer magnet.
Its always a link to neptune support. They have great support, but as expected - they want you to pay for their service or order a kit from them. And they will not provide sizes or alternative parts.
Its similar to going to a car dealership for your new car, and asking them to give you an amazon link for a cheaper alternative part. So it is understandable from Neptune's end that they won't do that.

But It sucks not to have options.

--
You just gotta laugh at the posts like the OP made.
-
I just wanted to share that I found this thing, its the greatest thing in the world, with this you can have the perfect aquarium and all corals grow super fast with the most vibrant colors you will ever see in your life! Im glad i am able to share it with you all. I hope you will also find it as amazing as i did.
Have a nice day.
-
See what i mean?

Last edited:

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ended up using the 3mmx6mm stirrer and it seems to work just fine.

Also found that the internal tubing is PHARMED TUBING 1/16 X 3/16 from United States Plastic Corporation. ordered 5' for $20 - which should last many years of maintenance.
The waste tube is any 1mm (1/25") ID x 3mm OD Food Grade High-temperature Pure Silicone Hose Tube.

Still looking for the exact feed tube and the internal manifold.
If anyone already has this info, please share.
The thing is, Neptune does not manufacture all these parts. They must source them from somewhere.

I really hope people can find this thread useful now.

Last edited:

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ended up using the 3mmx6mm stirrer and it seems to work just fine.

Also found that the internal tubing is PHARMED TUBING 1/16 X 3/16 from United States Plastic Corporation. ordered 5' for $20 - which should last many years of maintenance.
The waste tube is any 1mm (1/25") ID x 3mm OD Food Grade High-temperature Pure Silicone Hose Tube.

Still looking for the exact feed tube and the internal manifold.
If anyone already has this info, please share.
The thing is, Neptune does not manufacture all these parts. They must source them from somewhere.

I really hope people can find this thread useful now.
I was wrong about the internal tubing.
It was too big.
I am trying now with 1/16" ID x 1/8" OD x 1/32" Wall.

Richard baker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes but there are a myriad of sizes.
Which is best for the the trident?

Im clumsy. I was cleaning the trident and lost the "stirrer pill".
Because there is absolutely no detailed info online on what size should be used, i ordered half a dozen different sizes and will see which works best.
And guess what? I will share the size i found did work best, after they all arrive and i am done testing. Common decency, so the next person won't need to do what i did and waste money on all different sizes.

Its a bit strange that any internal parts for the trident is really hard to get info on.
From the tubing, pinch valve, to the stirrer magnet.
Its always a link to neptune support. They have great support, but as expected - they want you to pay for their service or order a kit from them. And they will not provide sizes or alternative parts.
Its similar to going to a car dealership for your new car, and asking them to give you an amazon link for a cheaper alternative part. So it is understandable from Neptune's end that they won't do that.

But It sucks not to have options.

--
You just gotta laugh at the posts like the OP made.
-
I just wanted to share that I found this thing, its the greatest thing in the world, with this you can have the perfect aquarium and all corals grow super fast with the most vibrant colors you will ever see in your life! Im glad i am able to share it with you all. I hope you will also find it as amazing as i did.
Have a nice day.
-
See what i mean?
i have the pinch valves ordered them from alliexpress i have 20 of them just in case others need them

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i have the pinch valves ordered them from alliexpress i have 20 of them just in case others need them
Thanks!!
You need to buy in bulk to get them from there as far as i understood. Wasn't worth it for me because i didn't feel like going into the business of selling pinch valves :)
I did already get a couple from another source.

I'm still trying to figure out where i can get a replacement manifold for it.
You know, the 6 port little black one in the middle. I have had absolutely no luck locating one anything like it.
If anyone has this info, please share.

I ordered a diy kit from Neptune almost 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't even shipped out.
They said they are waiting on one part to come in to complete the kit, then they will ship.
I get frustrated when things like this get delayed.
A way overpriced kit only because the parts used are not public knowledge. I mean, i get the business aspect. But this is not a very consumer friendly way of doing things.

Your consumers are already on the line for the constant reagent purchases. Which is not cheap.
Show a little love to your customers!

By the time i get it, i most likely will already have gotten all the replacement lines - by trial and error - but still cheaper than a kit.
But still wanted it as a spare.
And i have a TridentNP on order. Hopefully will come mid July.

Last edited:

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For me after all is said and done i ended up doing the $200 swap for a refurbed unit. No matter what i did the Neptune would not work right. And i did just about everything you can think of.
Seems the fan would not start no matter what, thus no mixing. And because of that kept getting test b failures.
I even replaced the fan.

The circuit board looks brand new, not even a spec of dust on it. But seems it may be faulty. Thats the only thing i can think of. And just about the only thing i cant fix/replace on it myself.

Its so typical me. The amount i spent trying to fix it myself with the DIY kit, tubing, stirrers, fan, etc... Then eventually doing the $200 swap. I spend nearly as much as it would have cost for a brand new unit.

saintdrm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where did you get the fan for the stirrer? what model number etc.

Thank you for all the previous information, very helpful, sorry it didn't work out.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back