Valentini puffer prophylactic quarantine and copper power question?

joec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been several years since I've quarantined a fish with Copper Power, hanna checker etc. I noticed the recommended ramp up period for Copper Power is now only 24 hours instead of 5 days?

For a Valentini puffer should I ramp up slower? And just to confirm from what I read from posts, 30 days at 2.25 PM with CPower should safe for VPuffer, correct? This will be prophylactic treatment

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been several years since I've quarantined a fish with Copper Power, hanna checker etc. I noticed the recommended ramp up period for Copper Power is now only 24 hours instead of 5 days?

For a Valentini puffer should I ramp up slower? And just to confirm from what I read from posts, 30 days at 2.25 PM with CPower should safe for VPuffer, correct? This will be prophylactic treatment
The ramp up period is generally meant for products like cupramine which are a lot harsher. Coppersafe should be brought to around 2.25 quickly as it doesn't treat anything until at least 2.0.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0

Do not ramp but get to treatment level with 24 hours. Increasing copper level slowly can allow the disease to gain resistance making it harder to treat given disease.

WHEN IT COMES TO REEFING EQUIPMENT, DO YOU BUY NEW OR USED? AND WHY?

• I usually buy new equipment.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • I usually buy used equipment.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I depends on what the equipment is.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back