What is the most hardy dwarf/pygym angelfish

tanglover13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi let’s all have a debate on the hardies dwarf/pygym Angel. Plus it will also give me an understanding of which ones are better to get. I don’t realy care about them doing anything to corals because I have only fowlr tanks only. I just want to know which one will survive the ups and down of my tank

Naekuh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The smallest is a Cherub, and they are significantly smaller then most of the drawf angels.

The coral and flame are about 2x larger then a cherub / pygmy, so pygmy are small.

But Pygmy if your tank is no larger then 30gal.
The other dwarfs @ 45G - 60gal.
YMMV on the 45Gal.

If your tank is not even 30g, please do not get an angelfish.
Even the pygmy, will not be happy in a tank that small.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi let’s all have a debate on the hardies dwarf/pygym Angel. Plus it will also give me an understanding of which ones are better to get. I don’t realy care about them doing anything to corals because I have only fowlr tanks only. I just want to know which one will survive the ups and down of my tank
Hardiest I’ve had was an Acanthops, the bispinosa has been a pain in recent years, I’ve lost 3 for seemingly no reason.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe they are all pretty hardy, but I currently have a coral beauty that is very hardy! I had a flame in my old tank years ago that also did great.

Mechano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flames or coral beauties 100%
Just make sure they have grazing food to munch on. Dont put these guys into a new system if possible. Established is better and more sponges and morsels for them to peck at.

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biota does CB Coral Beauties, Flames and Flamebacks. Best bet is to have one of those for a first Angel. If FOWLR maybe a CB Lemonpeel.
Thanks for the shoutout! We also breed Potters angelfish and support breeders who breed venustus, colini, multibar (false dwarf), goldens, and eiblii.

From our experience with our clients I've had a few flamebacks survive customer tank crashes and tons of other tribulations. The Multibar and golden are more senstive but mostly because they tend to be more shy and cryptic by nature.

Our coral beauties and Potters are up there with hardiness but overall these captive-bred angelfish have a signficiantly higher success rate than many of their wild collected counterparts.

OP
OP
T

tanglover13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I am thinking of getting a captive flame back / fireball angelfish are they hardy and should they be I at them in my 10g or shall I put him straight in my 100g if I have to put him in my 10g for how long should I put him in there for
Thanks for the shoutout! We also breed Potters angelfish and support breeders who breed venustus, colini, multibar (false dwarf), goldens, and eiblii.

From our experience with our clients I've had a few flamebacks survive customer tank crashes and tons of other tribulations. The Multibar and golden are more senstive but mostly because they tend to be more shy and cryptic by nature.

Our coral beauties and Potters are up there with hardiness but overall these captive-bred angelfish have a signficiantly higher success rate than many of their wild collected counterparts.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW OFTEN DO YOU BUY NEW CORAL?

• Weekly.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Monthly.

Votes: 21 17.6%
  • Every several months.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • A few times a year.

Votes: 32 26.9%
  • Once a year.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • I'd rather not say as I don't want to leave a digital footprint for my significant other...

Votes: 20 16.8%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back