What's growing the best in your tank?

adamg77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snails! I have hundreds of them all over the place! Hopefully the primary consumers will be able to out number the predators when I am ready to add them!

Attachments

• IMG_1196.jpeg
    IMG_1196.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 34

tREEFarm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, I do not have a picture of when I first brought the rock home with 3 on it. I do have a picture of them prior to selling 6 of them to @tREEFarm.
IMG_1697.png

Not 1-2 days later, after selling 6 of them, I came home from work, and 2 of the 4 that I kept had split. So, I am currently back up to 6. Ha!
IMG_1698.jpeg

The six I picked up have become ten hah

Laughterman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leather corals, no success with Zoas and Xenia. Been vodka dosing for a while and my Xenias just melted away. Had a huge problem with phosphates in my tank.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoanthids are always a favorite of mine. They grow well and tolerate my mistakes. The rastas are booming and contrasts are amazing. Also my WWC Kiwi Platygyra is a champ. One of my first purchases was their beginner coral pack. Great choice @WWC

Attachments

• IMG_3508.jpeg
    IMG_3508.jpeg
    291.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0635.jpeg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    243.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0636.jpeg
    IMG_0636.jpeg
    310.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0637.jpeg
    IMG_0637.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 34

THE_MAD_REEFER

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue polyp encrusting monti. I put a small frag in a week ago and it is already draping the plug. I made sure to put it on a small movable rock.

jayala12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Zoanthids are always a favorite of mine. They grow well and tolerate my mistakes. The rastas are booming and contrasts are amazing. Also my WWC Kiwi Platygyra is a champ. One of my first purchases was their beginner coral pack. Great choice @WWC
Man I love the rastas. All time favorite for sure.

feelingfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snails! I have hundreds of them all over the place! Hopefully the primary consumers will be able to out number the predators when I am ready to add them!
Yea man, I hear you on this one. My last tank a 330, no snail seemed to survive but my new tank with better filtration and frankly better everything grows Dwarf Cerith snails in the thousands.

Funny thing is I purposely put the Dwarf snails in my last tank and when it broke I thought they were goners too. Then I put an old rock that I had kept wet in the new tank for like 3 hours tops not even considering the snails from the previous tank and boom. Next thing I knew these annoying yet useful snails are everywhere.

It’s been close to a year now and I think they are finally starting to regulate there population naturally around 1-2k idk.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread sure went the wrong direction lol.
Seems like a rare case of candid replies regarding the truth about what grows fastest in our tanks?

It's got to be Montipora or glass encrusting invaders because they are necessarily the fastest growing things we find in our tanks. Oh, and Aiptasia or flatworms and slime coats should get an honorable mention for sure.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like a rare case of candid replies regarding the truth about what grows fastest in our tanks?

It's got to be Montipora or glass encrusting invaders because they are necessarily the fastest growing things we find in our tanks. Oh, and Aiptasia or flatworms and slime coats should get an honorable mention for sure.
Lol very true.

IS YOUR REEF AUTOMATED? WHY OR WHY NOT?

• Yes, my tank is almost fully automated.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Yes, I have some automation in my tank.

Votes: 37 37.0%
  • Yes, but I have very little automation in my tank.

Votes: 26 26.0%
  • No, I have no automation in my tank.

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back