Where do you work ( or what industry/profession) to support your coral/reef tank addiction?

Reefing_addiction

SBB fed the Addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning!

This hobby isn’t cheap!

What do you do for a living to support your coral addiction?

I work in a warehouse as an operations supervisor. Pharmaceutical distribution is the name of the game. We supply our forwarding DCs, which supply hospitals and pharmacies. I’m only one business unit of many. We also have Business units that provide surgical and medical supplies.

So what do you do? I’m curious.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

Upvote 0

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're going to be in this hobby my advice is marry for money not love... I have a degree in Sports Turf management. Got tired of baby sitting grown men and now own a lawn care/ irrigation business. With future plans of becoming a professional bum.

Upvote 1

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Good Morning!

This hobby isn’t cheap!

I work in a warehouse as an operations supervisor. Pharmaceutical distribution is the name of the game. We supply our forwarding DCs, which supply hospitals and pharmacies. I’m only one business unit of many. We also have Business units that provide surgical and medical supplies.

We have a few of these posts . Feel free to view

Upvote 0

SonOfaGoat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work as a tradesman / Labourer at a very large Nuclear Facility. I've been there the past year and a half. Prior to that I was / am a Carpenter working in custom homes, renos, and some woodworking since 2014. Had my own business for 2 years during covid, but wanted higher, more stable pay and pension now that I have kids. Carpentry is my passion, I hope to pad my pension for a bit and return to high end work in years to come.

On another note I got into reefing in 2012, had some decent mid tier tech tanks around 75-90G. I'm now running a new 24G peninsula Red Sea Aio tank since April.

Upvote 1

00W

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning!

This hobby isn’t cheap!

I own a restaurant and cook all day.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

SBB fed the Addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a few of these posts . Feel free to view

Well now we have another ;)

Upvote 0

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going on year 3 of being a registered nurse! Started in the ER/ED, now I am working in a PACU (post-anesthesia care unit).
My wife was surgical intensive care but has worked PACU for about the past 20 years as well.

Upvote 0

pwfess

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning!

This hobby isn’t cheap!

Cardiovascular and pulmonary specialized physical therapist. Work in outpatient therapy and started my areas only pulmonary rehab clinic within an hour radius. (Full time job, four 10 hr days).
I cover my expenses by working a per diem therapy position at another clinic though (one, 8 hr day a week) this supplements my yearly income an extra 24k or so after taxes.
It’s the only way my wife let me do this hobby. So that I don’t touch our standard household income from our two full time jobs

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

SBB fed the Addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re not in your dream job what would be your dream job? Out of curiosity.

my dream job is a remote job! Where I can set up my office in front of my tank….not sure how much work would get done but that’s besides the point!

Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • No.

Votes: 33 41.8%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back