Who am I talking to anyways? Meet the members of our community!

Reefing_addiction

SBB fed the Addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm guessing your cats and dogs get along well? We occasionally will dog sit for my wife's parents and their dog gets along fine with our cats (except our orange one wants to run around and chase him haha)
To a degree yes. Though the GSD likes to chase and hold the cats down lol the cats were raised with the dogs. The white fluffy Lunafur and Maple (our red head) were 2 when we got the cats so it was an adjustment for them. The GSD came to us when she was 2 and didn’t have any murderous tendency towards the cats.

Cats have very sharp claws the dogs respect that.

Hubert J. Farnsworth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm Al. This striper was caught in Rhode Island last year when Hurricane Lee was hitting Cape Cod.

FB_IMG_1721179629162.jpg

i guess i might have a fishing problem when i realized i know those rocks real well and i live 3 states away. the vertical-ish one at the tip isn't so vertical anymore.
IMG_0271.jpeg
IMG_8985.jpeg
IMG_0600.jpeg
IMG_2786.jpeg
IMG_2825.jpeg
IMG_3213.jpeg
IMG_8887.jpeg
IMG_6982.jpeg

Reefing_addiction

SBB fed the Addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4768.jpeg
IMG_4767.jpeg
IMG_4769.jpeg
Xander, my youngest, pull up this 4.5 foot shark. We valued our limps so we did not try to get him into the boat. Just cut the line when Xander reeled him in, next to the boat.
I mean you have two arms and two legs sooooo

TangerineSpeedo

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4768.jpeg
IMG_4767.jpeg
IMG_4769.jpeg
Xander, my youngest, pull up this 4.5 foot shark. We valued our limps so we did not try to get him into the boat. Just cut the line when Xander reeled him in, next to the boat.
Saw a video on the socials of a diver, who all she does is pull hooks out of sharks mouths... She showed a big box of hooks at home. I guess just cutting the line is a common thing to do.

JonoH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might as well get in on this also!

Here is me with my eldest lad from the weekend just gone - out for a dive/spearfish on one of our local reefs.

He is 15 and really into tanks, currently running his own freshwater planted tank, and helps me with my reef all the time.

Also have another 2 boys, and 2 Foster girls plus my better half!

2024-10-20 11.47.19.jpg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw a video on the socials of a diver, who all she does is pull hooks out of sharks mouths... She showed a big box of hooks at home. I guess just cutting the line is a common thing to do.
In salt water the hooks just dissolves in a week or two. Fish hooks never last too long.

ShakeyGizzard

RedNeck Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude. Intense. How did you know the storms were there? Just visually?
they were coming across land parallel to us on the radar. The path they were taking before hitting Mexico Beach and Port St. Joe area showed us in the clear. But they turned toward the gulf. You have cell phone service out to 10 to 13 miles in that area. I was the captain, gave my wife a choice of 2 options to take, she picked neither. So i did.

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me and the family on vacation in Gulf Shores this year. I tried to convince them to move down there but no luck yet. LOL
received_1600073173905756.jpeg
What time did you go to gulf shores? We usually go every year around end of July to mid August

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We went the end of September. The weather was great and being the off season the beach wasn't very busy at all.
When we went this year, the crowds weren’t too bad. Never had to wait at any restaurants. Now last year? We went on the 4th of July. Never again

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they were coming across land parallel to us on the radar. The path they were taking before hitting Mexico Beach and Port St. Joe area showed us in the clear. But they turned toward the gulf. You have cell phone service out to 10 to 13 miles in that area. I was the captain, gave my wife a choice of 2 options to take, she picked neither. So i did.
Probably best anyway. Nothing against your wife, but it's the captain's call. Unless, of course, she has more experience with weather. In which case, she'd be the captain. LOL, I'd never be captain. Last time I operated a boat in Puget Sound was when I was 14 or so. My Grandpa taught me. What I was looking for in your vid was how you were managing your boat over the waves. He taught me to 'quarter the waves', which you were doing. When I was about 10, I was doing just that and Grandpa took over. He saw I'd gotten a little too close to a Ferry. I thought it was fine, but Hey! I was 10! He managed the wake, but wow, it was intense. Never did that again. Pretty wild you have cell service that far out. 4G or 5G?

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 1 4.5%
Back