Xtreme fish food pellets

Joel j

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just recently added the first fish to my tank. A pair of clowns. They have been in the tank for less than a week. I was not prepared for how small they are, less than inch. The food I have is to big for them. I snagged some xtreme pellets from my daughters food supply. They seem to like it and gobble it up. Took them like two days to figure out that was the food.
It's not a marine specific food. Is it OK to be feeding to them? I have new small "marine" food on the way, but if it's OK I would like to keep feeding it for variety. Here are some photos of the food. Pellet si
20240910_183902.jpg
20240910_183931.jpg

ISpeakForTheSeas

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not a marine specific food. Is it OK to be feeding to them? I have new small "marine" food on the way, but if it's OK I would like to keep feeding it for variety.
I'm not super familiar with freshwater nutrition needs, but having looked into goldfish ideal diet needs, I would say this one may be better for marine fish than freshwater, as it has high protein and fat compared to what I've seen for freshwater fish (again, though, I'm not well-versed in freshwater nutrition yet).

Anyway, this looks like it would be fine for marine fish, though it likely wouldn't be my first choice. For some other good choices:
Personally, my suggested feeds would be as follows (I apologize, I haven't looked into frozen algae-heavy feeds enough to have one that I would suggest at this point; I'll have to remedy that):
Frozen (Meaty) - LRS Reef Frenzy, Hikari Mega Marine, then Rod's Original.
Pellets (Meaty) - Otohime, then TDO Chromaboost.
Pellets (Algal) - NLS Marine Fish Pellets (has 8 types of algae and one terrestrial plant).
(Some of the other NLS feed lines are good as well, so I may need to update my list.)

WOULD YOU EVER CONSIDER HAVING A FOWLR TANK? WHAT WOULD BE YOUR FIRST FISH?

• Yes!

Votes: 32 42.7%
  • No...

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I already have one!

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • I did have one, but I don't anymore...

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back