OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't they eat coral skeleton and live rock mostly?
Big algae eaters along with coralline algae too. And they do scrape the coral skeleton also. Scraping algae off the rock they get some of the rock too making them poop sand.

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The yellow tangs are out of copper treatment but one still has something attached to it. Praziquantel did nothing. So trying Dimilin X now. See white spot circled in red
IMG_6444.jpeg

Close up view
IMG_6445.jpeg

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still waiting to hear back from TSM about the blue face koi tangs. Said they would send me pictures and prices before posting on their website. He said the regal angels are still in limbo.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
can you cut that off ,edge of fin ,looks like a cyst ,i'd cut it off before it opens ?

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you cut that off ,edge of fin ,looks like a cyst ,i'd cut it off before it opens ?
You want me to hold this fish in my hand and cut it off? Yeah, don’t know if I can do. But maybe…:thinking-face:

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can do it,hold it still , will extend dorsal,snip ,snip a V cut ,get rid of possible cyst... ;):)

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Does it look like Lymphocystis? Hard to tell from the photo. My clowns in the cube get it periodically, doesn't really do anything harmful. I am also no expert, so I'll end with that disclosure ;)
But there was that weekend you stayed in a Holiday Inn Express!

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it look like Lymphocystis? Hard to tell from the photo. My clowns in the cube get it periodically, doesn't really do anything harmful. I am also no expert, so I'll end with that disclosure ;)
It’s not lymphocystis , I am familiar with it.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wish i had an idea. They had that once before when you had to leave for family reasons.
I can't think of anyone who can id that either without a scope. Otherwise, we're probably all going to play the guessing game.

In the past, i seen odd blobs on some fish. They were transparent. But, looked like a cyst of some form, but wasn't. They traveled slowly on the fish body. Fresh water dips did not dislodge the mass. Eventually, the infected fish passed.

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish i had an idea. They had that once before when you had to leave for family reasons.
I can't think of anyone who can id that either without a scope. Otherwise, we're probably all going to play the guessing game.
The one fish has had this since I bought it. Same fish and it’s in the same place. Doesn’t seam to move around. Other fish looks clean.

I have a microscope but would need a dissecting scope for this purpose. Maybe I will check amazon for a cheap one.

Edit to say if I had a dissecting scope I still don’t know if that would tell me what it is.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 33 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 28 24.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 29 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back