Are ClearWater Algae Scrubbers being being discontinued??

BrighamSarratt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To add to this, I just noticed that while SaltwaterAquariums.com lists them as "Out of Stock" on their website, they in fact have 1 listed on ebay which seems like an effort to clear out their remaining stock? While I'd like to grab this, it makes me a bit hesitant as I've read of some people having the LED lights stop working, and only being able to get them replaced from clearwater themselves.

stephanjupillat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So this is for direct 120v
It doesn't change the voltage. That's not what that black box is. It's something to do to prevent the light from flickering. It was accidently added by the manufacturers where they should not have installed it. If you remove it then it'll go back to working.

As I have said, bypass that box and it'll work again. Simple as that.

Wayofthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't change the voltage. That's not what that black box is. It's something to do to prevent the light from flickering. It was accidently added by the manufacturers where they should not have installed it. If you remove it then it'll go back to working.

As I have said, bypass that box and it'll work again. Simple as that.
I ran it with the black box using 12v and then removed the box and ran it on 12v and nothing.. i tried flipping the wires and nothing.. it worked with the box but after a few minutes would start flickering

stephanjupillat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ran it with the black box using 12v and then removed the box and ran it on 12v and nothing.. i tried flipping the wires and nothing.. it worked with the box but after a few minutes would start flickering
Don’t know what to tell you. This was the instructions given to me by Clearwater. I followed the instructions and they worked again for me.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 37 29.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 24.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 33 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back