☆☆ - Fall Grow-Out Contest - Corpse of Helltrollsman man Picture Entries - ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tompickles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
January submission @StatelineReefer @Reefing102 @BranchingHammer

DSC_1449.jpeg
DSC_1463.jpeg

alpacaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@Reefing102 @StatelineReefer @BranchingHammer

Month 3 update. HTMM is coloring up, encrusting more, and getting some shade from the Miyagi next door. No vertical growth yet.

I switched the lenses on my Radions to the high intensity version, then dialed down their intensity to get back to the same par. So far, I'm liking them since mine are mounted ~12" off the water so the 120 degree angle on the stock lenses doesn't really help me.

For my water this month, I've finally switched to full Moonshiners and stopped all water changes. Everything's doing well so far. Next batch of fish arrives this week, so we'll see how that goes for nutrient export.
Month 3 HTMM.png

20240128 FTS.png

@Reefing102 @StatelineReefer @BranchingHammer

Month 2 update. I've moved the frags to the spots that I thought they'd do best based on their reactions to the PAR while on the frag rack. So far, it looks like I put them in the correct spots :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

The HTMM is coloring back up now that I've placed it far off to the side of the tank and out of direct light from the XR30 (only 1 XR15 hitting it now), sitting at ~180 PAR. Like the Bonzai, this one has fully encrusted the top of its plug in the 3 weeks since my last update, with no vertical growth. I've also seen some very minor PE a couple of times in the last week, so that's also a good sign.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this one colors up- I think it's definitely top 3 of the contest's cant-pass-up pack. The other two I'm really enjoying are Pearly Cadaver and Pink Stelleton (which I cut off the plug and placed both separately, the encrusting on the plug is recovered and coloring up a little different than the frag). These 3 have some really strange colors that definitely fit the Halloween theme @Battlecorals and the team set up.

For this month's ICP test, I've finally got all the Moonshiners chemicals in, plus mud and vitamins. I've also got the RO-DI filter upgrade to help remove the silicates- you can see a massive improvement from the quoted 1-month update post below. Not pictured but also helping out is a newly purchased and installed (after I had sent the ICP test off, unfortunately) Vecton Titan 850 UV in-line with my return pump.

Finally, I've got fish in the system after going fallow for 4 months after I lost all my previous fish to disease, so I'm happy to have some movement back in the tank!

Month 2 HTMM.png

Month 2 FTS.png

Month 2 HTMM.png 2024-01-11 ICP-MS.JPG 20240128 Apex.jpg

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@StatelineReefer @Reefing102 @BranchingHammer

November Submission. Looking to have some of the yellow and green we speak of. way easier to photograph than blue ghost lol

PXL_20231128_212923536.jpg
@StatelineReefer @Reefing102 @BranchingHammer

Here is my January entry, added a little bit to the branches maybe and some color change, maybe a little basing.

This month I par tested and was low. I adjusted light height down 6-9 inches (hehe) and added 2 radions xr30 pros to my mix.

I saw explosive growth in other acros. I might be moving this frag up soon.
PXL_20240131_220020017.jpg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back