1 Polyp Hope

Scoly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have pretty good luck with singles. As long as they are healed, they should do well. With the price of some polyps, it's hard to get more than one.

Steven R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't mind singles if they are coming from someone reliable and they know what they are doing.

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Singles are fine. Unless you can afford multiples. God of war zoa is like 70-90 pp. Even fresh cuts. When i get them i dip them in iodine and it helps the healing. I cant stand plugs either Moby I ussually just cut the bottom of the plug and glue it on the rock. This is my horrible Rack that i cant wait to rearrange the rock to glue everything but they have all been grown from 1 polyp.
DSC_0618.jpg

will2525

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've bought and cut single polyps. Its not my preferred methods but something sometimes when your dealing with $50-100PP zoo/palys its the way to go.

Bubbles_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Single polyps suck big time, but if you've got them from a reputable vendor who cares about their well-being then you should be fine. I bought the first release of SpaceMonsters and now I have on heck of a great colony. It's a risk you take with the hobby.

e.litvin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for me single polyps are the way to go, there usually all I buy for the fact that they are cheaper and grow into large colonies. Just have to make sure where ever you but them from gives them time to heal, they know how to correctly ship them, and you acclimate them correctly and find a good spot in your tank where they will thrive and ultimately grow!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 34 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 20.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back