10g zoa dominated tank

Shultz

Spiderman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I have the bag containing the animal/coral floating in my tank attached to the side...

What I do is have a piece of airline with a valve on one end, I then put a 2ltr plastic jug on top of my lid full of tank water (basically above the bag to use gravity) & use a clothes peg on the side to hold the airline in the jug to the bottom of it...

I then suck on the valve slightly to start the water coming through, adjust the valve to one drip per sec & then let it drip into the bag....

I check it about every half an hour ish & take water out of the bag as nessasary until the acclimatisation is complete, sometimes needing to top the jug up as well if its a long job....

Hope that helps?

Cheers Shelton.

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take the bag and float it in a bowl of tankwater and poke hole in it with a pin because I am not all cool and stuff like Shultz. After about 15-30 min depending no the temp, I empty the bag into the bowl. Then it can go into the tank.

LOL
Laurie

WhoKnew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice job. We all have to start somewhere. I love looking at pictures for ideas for my own tank. Keep up the good work

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 50 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 39 20.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 19.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back