OP
OP
G

guidedbyechoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally have not found this to be the case. I keep C. solorensis in most of he tanks I take care of and find it to be quite tolerant of other fairy and flasher wrasses. In fact, the fish often sold as a female solorensis, C. cf. cyanopleura, is actually a little more assertive, but not enough to stop me from keeping it with other wrasses.

A few others to add to that list are C. rubriventralis, kwazulu fairy, and Cirrhilabrus sp. 3.

I think I have enough red and yellow fish so far. The one I really wanted was a scott's fairy but I was told long ago they are not ideal candidates for this type of build. I really both solars and the lubbocks.

Marshall O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Potter's are significantly more difficult to get acclimated than a Flame Angel (though recently those haven't been that easy either!). Note you may or may not have issues with either picking at corals. My Flame Angel picks at my SPS, but leaves everything else alone. Others have the opposite happen, where they only eat fleshy LPS.

OP
OP
G

guidedbyechoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Potter's are significantly more difficult to get acclimated than a Flame Angel (though recently those haven't been that easy either!). Note you may or may not have issues with either picking at corals. My Flame Angel picks at my SPS, but leaves everything else alone. Others have the opposite happen, where they only eat fleshy LPS.

Yeah they really are a gamble. I haven't heard of any story about them wiping corals out like some fish do. But reefers law states that fish that eat coral will most likely target the one that was the most expensive.

OP
OP
G

guidedbyechoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found the fish to finish up the tank. After I get my wrasse selection in order.... It will take some special care for securing rock and placing coral but I'm thinking just one or possbily a pair of Pholidichthys leucotaenia aka the engineer goby. I had one once unfortunately it was when I bought a 29 gallon and it was over stocked with fish and I had to take them all in because besides the clown none of them were small enough to be in the tank and reef safe.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 52 54.2%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 4.2%
Back