2 part to All For Reef conversion table?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On that - is it possible? If Bacteria change the calcium formate to carbonates - what if your tank does not have the right bacteria? or is carbonates a normal by-product of all bacteria growth etc

If it does not have many suitable bacteria initially, they will expand in numbers over time as you dose,speeding up the breakdown process.

OP
OP
Waynerock

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started at 16 ml and my Alk started to go from 8.5 to 9 and I have backed down to 12ml to see if my Alk will drop back to around 8.5ish. I am extremely happy with AFR so far! Only having 1 doser to worry about now has allowed me to have a little more room under my cabinet for more stuff or just leave it alone and enjoy less clutter. I was worried about cost but if I stay at 12ml the 1000ml bottle will last 83 days, so 33.00 for almost 3 months I’ll take that!! I feel like AFR is a gift from the aquarium gods. Still in the honeymoon stage though. We’ll see as time goes on

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started at 16 ml and my Alk started to go from 8.5 to 9 and I have backed down to 12ml to see if my Alk will drop back to around 8.5ish. I am extremely happy with AFR so far! Only having 1 doser to worry about now has allowed me to have a little more room under my cabinet for more stuff or just leave it alone and enjoy less clutter. I was worried about cost but if I stay at 12ml the 1000ml bottle will last 83 days, so 33.00 for almost 3 months I’ll take that!! I feel like AFR is a gift from the aquarium gods. Still in the honeymoon stage though. We’ll see as time goes on

Not a gift, a sale. lol

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The carbocalcium powder is, I think, a better deal if the trace elements are not important to some folks like me.
$26 Cdn gets me 5 litres of solution and I'm dosing about 26ml per day.

Last edited:

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The carbocalcium powder is, I think, a better deal if the trace elements are not important to some folks like me.
$26 Cdn gets me 5 litres of solution and I'm dosing about 26ml per day.

You know:
In my mind the BRS price on the DIY Bundle saves a ton of money than TM's concentrate and saves about $30 from buying all the parts separately.

I would like to give it a whirl, because I've been on a cal reactor for 2.5 years... ;Bored

Like to try different products, but something that might bottom out nitrates and phos, is just a deal breaker in my situation, but carbon dosing could be a great thing for others.

Comparing Hans dosage in alk per 100 liters, it does take less product than Red Sea's liquid alk.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back