210 gallon reef build.

RRaquariums

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for a long time I've wanted a large reef tank and we moved into a new house that had the space for one so I started planning and found a great deal on a 210 gallon starphire all glass tank with drilled bottom and two overflow towers.
The tank is in my basement on a custom built stand since I couldn't find any stands I trusted or liked.
The sump tanks and refugium will go in the room behind the tank we cut out a brick from the chimney to run the plumbing through.
Sump and filtration for this will be three tanks. One 20 gallon acrylic tank that will be the first tank the water enters Into them from there it will be gravity fed into a 40 gallon breeder tank that will house my skimmer and return pump. At a later date im going to add a second 40 gallon breeder into the loop that will be my refugium.
With water displacement I roughly figure the total gallons of this system to end up being around 280 gallons.
I will have roughly 150 pounds of live rock between the sump and the main tank also about 120 pounds of sand.
The tank will be set up as a community tank with lots of small fish and possibly a few larger species but I'm not set on anything other then my current clownfish and his budy a neon goby.
This is my first tank of this size and while I still have a lot to learn about keeping reefs I'm excited to start this adventure and learn more about this type of set up.
Some pics of my progress so far :)
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back