OP
OP
2Sunny

2Sunny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, but I can't help myself. I have to add more. I just went in and stared at my tank for a couple minutes because part of the light change included adding a Profilux controller, and the dimming function is spectacular. I know this is old hat for most folks, and I actually had a dimmer years ago made by Champion Lighting. Anyways, the dimming function is way cool, and I like it so I just had to share my excitement.

Joe

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big change today . . . new lights. Sfiligoi fixtures with a total of 4 x 150 watt Radium HQI + 16 x 54 watt T5s including 8 ATI Blue Plus, 4 KZ Fiji Purple, and 4 KZ Coral Light IIs. We'll see what happens :tongue:

002-4.jpg

Weird question, but are those water marks/salt creep on your stand?

OP
OP
2Sunny

2Sunny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny thing I learned about rimless tanks, there's a lot of splashing that doesn't get contained. :cry:

Every night when I feed, my chromis go crazy and thrash around splashing water over the top. In time it has created salt creep through the space between the glass and the trim. I'm compulsive about some issues, but sadly that hasn't been one. However, now that you've got it I'm going to get right on that ugly mark, clean it up, and finally get around to staining the stand.

Thanks for the kick in the pants!

Joe

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big change today . . . new lights. Sfiligoi fixtures with a total of 4 x 150 watt Radium HQI + 16 x 54 watt T5s including 8 ATI Blue Plus, 4 KZ Fiji Purple, and 4 KZ Coral Light IIs. We'll see what happens :tongue:

002-4.jpg

Amazing!!!

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy cow, I didn't know that Sunny. Thanks for the heads up, I am planning on going with a 300G within a year, and it's more than likely going to be a rimless. :jaw:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Make sure you post pics of the new stand color! :)

OP
OP
2Sunny

2Sunny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took some macro's today. I really think the T5s are making the pinks pop and the Garf Bonsai purple up. My purple rim, blue polyp, green cap is finally getting a purple rim, and I hate to even whisper it but maybe just maybe my O.T. is turning the corner and improving not to mention that everything has super polyp extension. Always so hard to know which factor causes a change in a reef, but I feel that all the flourescent light as well as the different types is making a huge difference. . .

IMG_7593.jpg

IMG_7596.jpg

IMG_7606.jpg

IMG_7617.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks great!

reefknight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey LED guys, thats what a Metal Halide reef looks like! :wink:

+1, Even though I don't use MH now I still love the results that they produce.

@ Joe - Gorgeous display as always, well done. Keep us updated on how the lights are working out for you. Miss my MH's, just can't abide by the heat produced currently to run them on my system.

Dsobo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank, I have a 24 cube that's about 5 months old and I hope some day for it to be 1/4 of what yours looks like.

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
amazing tank. sorry about your oregon tort. good luck on its recovery. So what converted you to T5 from the 4x400 radiums? (with a 250 step in between) Were you not happy with the 400w radiums? It seems like you had amazing growth with them. Looking forward to seeing how you like the switch

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 50 28.7%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.3%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.5%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back