Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool!

Ravens02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been following your thread the whole way, so glad you didn't give in!! Too nice of a setup for that! How big is your QT? what equipment do you have for it?

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quit buying fancy fish and you'll be able to afford a nice camera and lens. :)

OP
OP
AJsTank

AJsTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I know why people put these big angels in their systems. They are so incredibly beautiful to watch. The colors look so much better at home than at your LFS :)

As far as fish stocking goes. I would like to add the following

I'm finished with Angels
Male Cross Hatch (small this time)
Lots of Anthias
1 more set of Clowns (It's really hard to pick because there are so many amazing designers)
A couple Bangai (I think these are one of the most under rated fish in the hobby) - I'm a little hesitant because in the past my Blue Jaw Trigger gobbled up my bangai in my 120 haha
I may add a wrasse or 2, but I haven't decided which ones I like. I'm leaning towards a Tamarin and/or Lineatus

I originally wanted a Conspic in this system, but there is no way I will risk another angel with this Emp. He's kind of a mean sucker. I am leaning towards a Gem Tang right now, but it will be the very last fish I add.

Reefkraz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read your whole thread and it seems like a fairy tail. Such a huge long road all the way to the top and then such a devastating loss. My hat is off to you sir for staying true to this crazy love we call reefing. Your tank is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. NEVER GIVE UP! You are an inspiration to this hobby.

OP
OP
AJsTank

AJsTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read your whole thread and it seems like a fairy tail. Such a huge long road all the way to the top and then such a devastating loss. My hat is off to you sir for staying true to this crazy love we call reefing. Your tank is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. NEVER GIVE UP! You are an inspiration to this hobby.

Thank you for the kind words

OP
OP
AJsTank

AJsTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my main concerns when I set this system up was putting all my controls below the cabinet.

Well today I removed all the equipment, unplugged it and checked every single connection. All the Apex modules, the ballasts, the controllers for the pumps and the controllers for the Vortechs. I wiped everything down and inspected for mold, rust and any type of corrosion. Granted, it's only 8 months, but the freshly painted 2 story vaulted ceiling and room the tank is in is already cracking and peeling because of the humidity. I am going to look at a dehumidifier and hopefully can come up with a solution.

All nice and clean! I also took a couple hours and took the cabinet doors off and re-organized all the cords and re-zip tied it all.

SPotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
take a look at the santa fe dehumidifiers. I had one installed in my basement in my last house and worked like a charm. They arent cheap but they will help keep your whole hose dry.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.1%
Back