50 gallon auto waterchange method.

Nicks Reef 535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I’m planning to set up my new reef tank. Since we moved whe had to sell the previous reef tanks. But now its time for a new one. First some data of the tank.

Aquarium display 60x60x55 cm (metric) . Minus rock and sand i think its like a 55 gallon.

Sump 50x45 cm(metric)
-theiling compact automatic fleece
-refugium
-blue filter media
-bio balls keramic
-uv with timer
No skimmer.

Wat i would like to try is an autoaqua smart awc duo (automated waterchange) and do 2 liters change per day. For stability i think its better daily then weekly.

I would only have soft corals and a few lps. Small bioload of fish. Could this work without triton or baling. I mean no added kh mg ca. just waterchanges. I’m asking this community before i attempt.

Thanks!

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would probably work just fine for you, I rely on water changes only on my nano tanks with no dosing at all.

I would not rely too much on the AWC system you refer to though but look at something a little more durable and reliable.

Depending on your budget, the Kamoer X2S is a great option!

I have my three nano tanks hooked up to two Ecotech Versa dosing pumps with three different valve lineups as to not buy six pumps

OP
OP
Nicks Reef 535

Nicks Reef 535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would probably work just fine for you, I rely on water changes only on my nano tanks with no dosing at all.

I would not rely too much on the AWC system you refer to though but look at something a little more durable and reliable.

Depending on your budget, the Kamoer X2S is a great option!

I have my three nano tanks hooked up to two Ecotech Versa dosing pumps with three different valve lineups as to not buy six pumps
Oh, from what i read in my country it was a good system. Are there reliability problems with it?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, from what i read in my country it was a good system. Are there reliability problems with it?
Good system is all relative mate, I'm sure they're fine - but not as fine as something tried and tested like recognised and established brands :upside-down-face:

At the end of the day, with automation like this it's all about getting something that will ensure a good nights sleep and no worries.

It's also about a compromise between peace of mind and what the wallet permits.

I have seen them in use for small, weekly water changes but not for daily water changes potentially adding seven times more strain on the equipment.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the UK, there's £100 price difference between the two systems; definetly worth considering if it's worth it.

Either way, what you're planning can definetly be achieved and you can be successful either way.

I am thinking longevity and peace of mind :D with the Autoaqua one you'll be good to go out of the box.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back