A.T.O to auto shut-off sump pump?

NYCxBRVCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a big fear of mine to have my overflow clogged or stopped in some sort of way and having my sump pump overflow my main display. I know this can be avoided by having my water level in a certain place, having my baffles in my sump set up so my pump can only return so much water and smartly filling my sump with water from my main display before turning my pump on. But I want to be extra careful and been researching if theres a simple way of using a float switch to turn my sump pump off if my overflow stops working. The best thing i've found is to use an A.T.O like the JBJ one sold at BRS, and reverse the switch to have it on, and switch off when water level gets too high on my main display. Is this possible? I'm only reading about it on forums but theres no videos or proof of people actually doing it. Thanks to everybody who replies!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say your best bet is a controller with a leak detector to shut down you pump

billwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could accomplish same thing with a low level switch in your sump. When water drops below certain level it cuts power to pump. You'll need a different type of float switch than typical ato float, one that's designed to be underwater that mounts through a hole in your sump.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.9%
Back