About me and my tank

Teri Williamson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I first was exposed to a saltwater mixed reef aquarium on a third date with my, now, husband. He had a 55 gallon tank and I fell in love. Now, we have a 150 gallon tank on our main level across from our breakfast table - where we now eat every meal. We have a refugium, return tank, chiller, ATO, Apex, and a whole lot of DIY level sensors, soldered connectors, and the ability to run GFO, Carbon, 2 part Alk/Calcium. We make our own DI water. I titrate weekly - at least once and we love our fish and corals.

I name EVERYTHING - even all the "girls" in our Lyretail Anthia shoal. There is a tunnel in the tank that is named after me - "Teri's Tunnel". I love Tangs and we have a lot of them, so seaweed is at a premium in our house.

I relate to my fish and corals. They rely on my husband and me to take care of them, keep their water clean and feed them healthy food. I am on what they call TPN. I draw my own blood every week, send it to a lab. They read the results, send them to my doctor and pharmacist and a custom batch of liquid nutrition is made for me. I pump it into my chest, directly to a vein because my GI system doesn't work. So, if, say a flood delays my lab work, I get the last formulation they have on file - not the one I may need today. Kind of like running a tank on auto without testing it for a few weeks, months...you know what I mean.

I had a medical setback in June that caused us to miss an alert on temperature and our tank suffered greatly. We didn't lose fish, but we did lose coral. It broke my heart, but we are slowly getting things back in order. We are still struggling with nitrates and we just got a couple new pieces of coral and I am worried about one of them.

I am glad to try new things - I have learned through hard knocks and make a lot of mistakes. I could use some support.

Best,
Teri, aka MissLabeled Disabled

Tank NOW:
IMG_3913.JPG

Tank BEFORE temperature spike:
36208495496_970963fd20_o.jpg

OP
OP
Teri Williamson

Teri Williamson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, it breaks my heart I lost my hammers, frogspawns, birdsnet, montes, a lot of pots and my red goniopora. It was terrible and all I could do to keep the tank from cycling again. The nitrates went crazy and we had some red slime. We became water change machines! But, the fish held on and we are back to adding again.

Someone told me one time that having a reef tank is like taking the tank, filling it with $5 dollar bills and lighting them on fire on a routine basis. I get it now!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I first was exposed to a saltwater mixed reef aquarium on a third date with my, now, husband. He had a 55 gallon tank and I fell in love. Now, we have a 150 gallon tank on our main level across from our breakfast table - where we now eat every meal. We have a refugium, return tank, chiller, ATO, Apex, and a whole lot of DIY level sensors, soldered connectors, and the ability to run GFO, Carbon, 2 part Alk/Calcium. We make our own DI water. I titrate weekly - at least once and we love our fish and corals.

I name EVERYTHING - even all the "girls" in our Lyretail Anthia shoal. There is a tunnel in the tank that is named after me - "Teri's Tunnel". I love Tangs and we have a lot of them, so seaweed is at a premium in our house.

I relate to my fish and corals. They rely on my husband and me to take care of them, keep their water clean and feed them healthy food. I am on what they call TPN. I draw my own blood every week, send it to a lab. They read the results, send them to my doctor and pharmacist and a custom batch of liquid nutrition is made for me. I pump it into my chest, directly to a vein because my GI system doesn't work. So, if, say a flood delays my lab work, I get the last formulation they have on file - not the one I may need today. Kind of like running a tank on auto without testing it for a few weeks, months...you know what I mean.

I had a medical setback in June that caused us to miss an alert on temperature and our tank suffered greatly. We didn't lose fish, but we did lose coral. It broke my heart, but we are slowly getting things back in order. We are still struggling with nitrates and we just got a couple new pieces of coral and I am worried about one of them.

I am glad to try new things - I have learned through hard knocks and make a lot of mistakes. I could use some support.

Best,
Teri, aka MissLabeled Disabled

Tank NOW:
IMG_3913.JPG

Tank BEFORE temperature spike:
36208495496_970963fd20_o.jpg

God bless you! Me and the wife have a daughter that has medical disabilities and she has two small children. We do the best we can to help her and the granddaughters.

The owner/administrator here is a reverend at a church in Tennessee down by lookout mountain close to Tennessee/Georgia border. He is a great guy and we are all family here. (reefing wise! Lol)

We are all here at Reef2reef to help you in your Salty adventure or just for support. Any questions, ask away. There is a ton of highly skilled reefers here and marine research experts here. We are all sharing and learning, regardless of how long we've been in the hobby. (Including me! Lol)

Back