Air handler Air filter polyester roll

Lousybreed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also posting this here. I bought a big roll of untreated (no tackifier) air filter material. It’s polyester. The roll is huge 90’x24” and was $69. Should I be concerned about any bad chemicals in the poly? I mean it looks almost identical to power filter pads. Thoughts? Better yet anyone using this stuff?
FB151CCE-FA1C-48FC-A692-409058F9A0A2.jpeg

OP
OP
Lousybreed

Lousybreed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should add that since it’s used for air filtration for humans, it really cannot contain much if any toxic materials due to it being used for air filtration.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I couldn't find it quickly, but I remember this being discussed here previously with a mix of perspectives. I can say that I have used this for several years in freshwater systems without issue, but haven't tried it in any of my saltwater tanks.

OP
OP
Lousybreed

Lousybreed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't find it quickly, but I remember this being discussed here previously with a mix of perspectives. I can say that I have used this for several years in freshwater systems without issue, but haven't tried it in any of my saltwater tanks.
Good to know about freshwater…….do you have snails or shrimps in any of those tanks?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good to know about freshwater…….do you have snails or shrimps in any of those tanks?

I know that I have kept snails (mystery, ramshorn, trumpet, apple, etc.) in tanks with AC filter material, however I can't think of any specific time that I have kept shrimp in those tanks. Typically I have kept FW shrimp (neocaridina, procambarus, etc.) in smaller tanks with sponge filters, however I personally would be open to experiment if there was an appropriate use for the material in a tank with shrimp.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 105 77.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back