Status
Not open for further replies.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a ruby head fairy wrasse and a McCosker's flasher wrasse in a 300g. Could I add a Exquisite Fairy Wrasse Maldives to the mix?
Yes, that should be fine. Just be sure to use a social acclimation box for introducing a new wrasse to existing ones.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, but what about a Girdled Fairy Wrasse with the ruby head fairy and mcCoskers? The color is beautiful with the girdled. Thank you.
They should be fine, but add the rubyhead after the balteatus and mckoskeri have settled.

Also, if balteatus aren't the dominant wrasse they have a tendency to lose their 'belt'.

lilchris_357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a Cirrhilabrus rubrimarginatus (Pink Margin) in QT and will be ready for the display. In a separate QT I have a Cirrhilabrus Solorensis, and will be ready around the same time. I am planning introducing them to the ST at the same time. My question is, will they show agression towards one another or should the get along? My last question is, I want to get a Lineateus, how aggressive will the Cirrhilabrus rubrimarginatus be towards him? @eatbreakfast @evolved

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a Cirrhilabrus rubrimarginatus (Pink Margin) in QT and will be ready for the display. In a separate QT I have a Cirrhilabrus Solorensis, and will be ready around the same time. I am planning introducing them to the ST at the same time. My question is, will they show agression towards one another or should the get along? My last question is, I want to get a Lineateus, how aggressive will the Cirrhilabrus rubrimarginatus be towards him? @eatbreakfast @evolved
There will be some displaying between the rubrimarginatus and solorensis, but they should coexist fine.

The lineatus and rubrimarginatus will have a bit more friction. I wouldn't mix them unless the tank is over 5'. Even then, an acclimation box and careful observations are necessary.

lilchris_357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There will be some displaying between the rubrimarginatus and solorensis, but they should coexist fine.

The lineatus and rubrimarginatus will have a bit more friction. I wouldn't mix them unless the tank is over 5'. Even then, an acclimation box and careful observations are necessary.
Man, I wish I would have caught that before buying the rubimarginatus as I really want a lineatus. I would hate to get one and it dies from bullying. What about a labouti or Rhomboid with the Rubimarginatus ?

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Agree with both comments. I wouldn't mix lineatus and rubrimarginatus in a tank less than 300 gallons or so.
Man, I wish I would have caught that before buying the rubimarginatus as I really want a lineatus. I would hate to get one and it dies from bullying. What about a labouti or Rhomboid with the Rubimarginatus ?
laboutei often gets aggressive as it matures, but not always. Short of that, it'd be okay.
rhomboidalis would be okay. There might be a bit of squabbling, but nothing serious there.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
laboutei often gets aggressive as it matures, but not always. Short of that, it'd be okay.
rhomboidalis would be okay. There might be a bit of squabbling, but nothing serious there.
I agree.

Brogratz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This an excellent write up, and comes at the perfect time for me. I am getting the new Red Sea Reefer Peninsula tank, and can't wait for the cycle to be over so I can slowly start buying my wrasse. Thanks a ton for compiling all of this info love it!

linus.chan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the link to the compatibility chart is broken for me - keeps going to a completely different thread

linus.chan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did end up finding it- the chart is for the cirrhilabrus genus, is there any information about compatibility across genus?

lilchris_357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's in the lunatus complex. It'll be fine.
What about a Brunneus fairy wrasse
d181e28a86a9fd14fc7bb674902897cd.jpg

lilchris_357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked on the chart but evolved has it listed as a Dusky wrasse.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's in the lunatus complex. It'll be fine.
Agree.
So the link to the compatibility chart is broken for me - keeps going to a completely different thread
I see you're on Tapatalk. Tapatalk breaks links to all articles (and it's not something we can do anything about). Try the mobile site - everything works much better!
I did end up finding it- the chart is for the cirrhilabrus genus, is there any information about compatibility across genus?
Try the first post of this thread. :p
I looked on the chart but evolved has it listed as a Dusky wrasse.
Common names aren't common, and I hate them. Always go by the Latin!
As for brunneus, yes but not in conjunction with isosceles (as they're both in the johnsoni complex).

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back