ALL LED ALL THE TIME! :) New Forum!

bwmalloy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used the pendants and use two at the moment an 160we, and an h150 over the fuge. Ive helped program a friends AP and in 6 months she's got zoa's growing off the plugs and onto anything close and the acanthastrea look like candy. I've used reef bars and such in the past and either burned the coral, or starved it, so I found one used and began my reading and testing.

I have no doubt that the other fixtures can grow coral. I however have had better success with kessil than any other I've tried. People will complain about shadow and that's understandable because it's a singular point of light. What I say is, proper placement of both the light fixture and the coral itself will achieve results..
IMG_2414.JPG
As a follow up, I picked something completely different. I went with Current Orbit Marine Pro 72" fixtures. I went strictly for performance and cost. This fixture has the one of the best PAR readings and range of light. And, it's true, it really looks good. The one thing it does not have is a good user interface. Programming was tricky but with a little help from some people here I was able to get it done. Installation was a breeze, too. For the money, yah, this worked great.

Duraticate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a follow up, I picked something completely different. I went with Current Orbit Marine Pro 72" fixtures. I went strictly for performance and cost. This fixture has the one of the best PAR readings and range of light. And, it's true, it really looks good. The one thing it does not have is a good user interface. Programming was tricky but with a little help from some people here I was able to get it done. Installation was a breeze, too. For the money, yah, this worked great.
Not sure if my orbit was same brand. But i bought an orbit current pro 48" and with in one year i lost a complete row of blues. Not sure when i lost the row of blues but wasnt till my corals looked like crap and nasty algae was growing. That i noticed the row of blues out. Now i have a radion hydra 52. Been on my 60 gal for bout little over a month. Still trying to get it tuned in right. At 400$ for the orbit i bought a year ago was not worth the money. Lets hope the radion holds out longer.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back