And Awwwwaayyy we go! Rp8s 180 gal upgrade

Rp8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here we go again, when opportunity knocks you answer so I did. Moving on up! You can check my current build on my badge.

IMG_2221.jpeg
IMG_2222.jpeg

Currently have:
Trigger ruby sump 36”
Simplicity return pump
Simplicity skimmer
2x icecap gyre
2x ecotech mp40
Kaomer ATO
BRS dual reactor with sicce pump
Aquatic life t5
3x black box(waiting on a hood deal to replace)
Grow light
Aqueon 25 watt UV

Still to do:
Buy and install plumbing
Modify stand for future plans
Water proof bottom of stand
Fabricate light bracket at specific height
Purchase dosing pumps x4
Purchase Neptune apex full system (prolly for Christmas)
Hide ALL WIRES

If anyone remembers my past post, career military going to twilight tour. I’m hoping this will satisfy my big water box craving. This will be completed when we get to put new unit in Mobile, Al. But preps will be done here. I want ergonomic and efficient. I would like style and to keep it classy. I want to continue to be wowed by what I’m seeing.

Primarily SPS LPS
Fish: tangs, snowflake, maybe some skates, reef safe butterfly’s and angels.

Check out my build to see what I’m working with now.

Stay tuned, more to come

Rp8

IMG_2221.jpeg IMG_2222.jpeg

OP
OP
Rp8

Rp8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been kicking around some ideas for inside the stand. The back of the stand has an easy to modify 1/8” piece of wood that is easily removable. Was thinking of power supply’s on each end with a long wire hide at the bottom back of the stand. Pool liner or a large black garden tray for the sump to sit in incase of over flow. All colored PVC using @vetteguy53081
method (shoutout). Fitting everything in the stand.
The only downside I have found is the side panels on the stand slide out, but they slide back toward the wall. And doesn’t slide out forward. So on the wall if I want to keep them out permanently or not.
Below is a rough draft:
IMG_2218.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Been kicking around some ideas for inside the stand. The back of the stand has an easy to modify 1/8” piece of wood that is easily removable. Was thinking of power supply’s on each end with a long wire hide at the bottom back of the stand. Pool liner or a large black garden tray for the sump to sit in incase of over flow. All colored PVC using @vetteguy53081
method (shoutout). Fitting everything in the stand.
The only downside I have found is the side panels on the stand slide out, but they slide back toward the wall. And doesn’t slide out forward. So on the wall if I want to keep them out permanently or not.
Below is a rough draft:
IMG_2218.png
Looks like a clean draft. Assure drip loops are in place for this many components

OP
OP
Rp8

Rp8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is the conundrum,
IMG_2256.jpeg

There is a very convenient access panel, but it only slides aft. So after installing i won’t be able to use it.
I could trim the molding and cut a notch in The lower trim, but that seems a lot, and the juice isn’t worth the squeeze. So I dunno, we will see.
I also found a couple of cabinet doors I hope to modify and put in the back of the stand (space and plumbing permitting). I’d rather not have to do much to the outside.

Ideas?

OP
OP
Rp8

Rp8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We replaced our chart table on the ship I work on. Just so happens, they would fit perfectly in the stand as a controller board. Support boards are already jig drilled and full hinges attached. Plan on sanding and staining them black. Would install after plumbing. Whatcha think?
IMG_2262.jpeg

IMG_2265.png

OP
OP
Rp8

Rp8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started selling off livestock and corals, got about 1/3rd of the rocks curing. Will jump start and start the recycle process when we set it up in Mobile, Al. Got the attention of my bear cub, he was amazed at all the bristle worms that was in there.
IMG_2326.jpeg

Hoping to finish up selling the tank and stuff this weekend. Also going to sand down those doors to use as a controller board

OP
OP
Rp8

Rp8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got to Mobile,AL and getting settled in. Scraped the idea of the controller board. Attached 1/8" to the back of stand to mount all the gadgets to. Starting today with assembly and ordering stuff. Need to find a bulk head and start cutting pvc. Will keep ya posted.
Any local Boys, please reach out and let me know fb resources.
Thanks for viewing.
20230717_102610.jpg

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a few of us around. You found the two local reef shops? Both are in West Mobile.

OP
OP
Rp8

Rp8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230805_105024.jpg
20230805_105034.jpg

Totally forgot to post pic of the sump. Haven't installed Uv or dosing pump yet. No need as it's just barely cycled. Somehow UV pump and controller fried it self. Waiting on the replacement. Got the new simplicity dosing pump. I really like how it ended up. Seeing how folks set up their sump always interests me.
Thanks for viewing!

Rob (Rp8)

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good, Rob!

OP
OP
Rp8

Rp8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Short answer 2 (surge protrectors)
Long answer: 11 plugs, going to 2 surge protectors connected to gfci outlet into a dedicated breaker.

OP
OP
Rp8

Rp8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
Temp 78
Salinity 1.025
Ph 8.2
No3- 0.1
Po4- .1
Alk-9
Ca- 483
Mg- 1500

Everything is moving along. Diatom out break, which is expected. But so far so good. Had to order new pwr supply and controller for uv. Added a second fish: my favorite the marine betta, been shy but eating
20230812_191656.jpg

Also got a free coral ( I know , I know to soon) a green Kenya tree. Seems to be doing fine.
20230812_191626.jpg

More to come... thanks for viewing

Rob

Back