OP
Rp8

Rp8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
purple fire fish came out ( the new one anyway)
IMG_0097.jpeg

OP
OP
Rp8

Rp8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got the Singapore angel I was waiting on. He was 2.5” and fat and healthy, but soon as he went in there was some major aggression from the Atlantic tang. Which of course spin up the PBT and the sailfin. Added a mirror and turned off the lights early. Hopefully it’ll be a little better tomorrow. I expected aggression but this was the most I have had to deal with. I’ll post a pic when a truce is made.

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got the Singapore angel I was waiting on. He was 2.5” and fat and healthy, but soon as he went in there was some major aggression from the Atlantic tang. Which of course spin up the PBT and the sailfin. Added a mirror and turned off the lights early. Hopefully it’ll be a little better tomorrow. I expected aggression but this was the most I have had to deal with. I’ll post a pic when a truce is made.
Looking forward to the picture!

OP
OP
Rp8

Rp8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have got to say, this is the worst case of “uglies” I have ever dealt with. Cyano is in full bloom. I am blowing off surface areas, vacuuming sand, weekly water changes. Just PITA. I know it will pass.
Params:
No3-20ppm
Pho-.128
Cal-446
Mg-1280
Temp-78
Alk-9.1

I have kept lights off 48 hours. I believe my skimmer wasn’t tuned as efficiently as it could have been. Also, the best I am getting on my ro/di is 2 ppm. I have ordered new 1 micron filters from brs.

On the other hand fish and coral are doing great! My CBB has the best personality, he literally eats from my hand. He eats everything but really enjoys large lump meat. Taking @vetteguy advice and getting some clams to throw in there. Sure he’ll love that.
IMG_0018.jpeg

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have got to say, this is the worst case of “uglies” I have ever dealt with. Cyano is in full bloom. I am blowing off surface areas, vacuuming sand, weekly water changes. Just PITA. I know it will pass.
Params:
No3-20ppm
Pho-.128
Cal-446
Mg-1280
Temp-78
Alk-9.1

I have kept lights off 48 hours. I believe my skimmer wasn’t tuned as efficiently as it could have been. Also, the best I am getting on my ro/di is 2 ppm. I have ordered new 1 micron filters from brs.

On the other hand fish and coral are doing great! My CBB has the best personality, he literally eats from my hand. He eats everything but really enjoys large lump meat. Taking @vetteguy advice and getting some clams to throw in there. Sure he’ll love that.
IMG_0018.jpeg

That 2ppm is likely silicates. I had to double up with two DI resins to get to zero here in this city.

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You wouldn’t happen to have an extra one you want to sell? It’s a long shot lol

I have a single one yes, it is just sitting in my attic. Basically when I went to a two stage one I still have the old single stage one in the attic. The single stage one in the attic is a BRS one. There is no resin in it, it just has been rinsed and sitting there.

Basically it is this...

OP
OP
Rp8

Rp8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a single one yes, it is just sitting in my attic. Basically when I went to a two stage one I still have the old single stage one in the attic. The single stage one in the attic is a BRS one. There is no resin in it, it just has been rinsed and sitting there.

Basically it is this...

I have a DI tube and resin already. I have the same one in my brs cart lol. Yea if you want to sell it, we can work out when I can swing by…

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a DI tube and resin already. I have the same one in my brs cart lol. Yea if you want to sell it, we can work out when I can swing by…

Well it is not like it is being used, so sure.

OP
OP
Rp8

Rp8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update:
Uglies are slowly subsiding
Unfortunately, I usually don’t buy newly delivered fish, but after getting one here that I was waiting on (Singapore angel) dropped him in. Bad idea. Had ich that then brought on symptoms of some other parasite. Currently they are in a hospital tank. Just hoping for the best.
Gunna mount my t5 and new reefbreeder light this weekend.
Current parameters:
IMG_0339.png

Mag and all low, but dosed and now all is well.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 44 47.3%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 22 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.5%
Back