"Anemones list and Information"

sprinklerdudes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it eats a little every day when I feed the other fish and corals, and I direct feed it a big piece of shrimp or crab meat about two - three times a week

OP
OP
clowns101

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can feed it once a week or even less!I dont feed my RBTA's anemones but once a week and thats to induce splitting!

OP
OP
clowns101

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All anemones sting.I havent even been hurt by one of them,I dont even feel the sting!BUT to some people the sting is much worse and caution should always be used when feeding these animals.

OP
OP
clowns101

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest I feed my by hand and by a turkey baster!When I feed by hand I try my best not to touch the tentecals because I dont want to have any problems!

Railrider1920

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Austin,

I've never owned a LTA and would like to get a purple one for my new nano. I have a JBJ 28g with the 105w CF light. Is this enough light for a LTA?

OP
OP
clowns101

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can be kept under CF's but I havent done it yet with an LTA thats purple in color.My concern would be lost in color as purple is a hard color to keep in a reef tank IME with CF's.I would try it,I would say it could work if you feed it like you should.

But up to you!

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can be kept under CF's but I havent done it yet with an LTA thats purple in color.My concern would be lost in color as purple is a hard color to keep in a reef tank IME with CF's.I would try it,I would say it could work if you feed it like you should.

But up to you!

Thanks! I will post if I decide to try one and document how it does. :)

OP
OP
clowns101

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great,I hope it works if you try.I would try it,but I worrie it would be like trying to keep a Purple Cap really deep Purple under CF's.but I think with feeding it should be alright.

Salty D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about Maxi Mini's (Stichodactyla Tapetum)? I just got one about a week ago and finding some good info on them is hard to come by.
Here is mine
PICT1584.jpg

OP
OP
clowns101

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I listed was mostly Host anemones.Google Mini Carpet anemones and see what you can find.There is alot of into on them on google.

Salty D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. As soon as I posted here I saw Kraylens thread on mini's. I'll have to throw my pic in there.

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need guidance with my BTA. I got it about 7 months ago and it was 3" across. It's foot was very dark red/brownish. He ate very well and was doing good. Long beautiful tenticals. I changed my T5's out one set a week (three sets of two). It moved from the top of the tank down to the middle into the shade and stayed there for two weeks. Then he was floating on the bottom. I scooped him up with a bowl and gently laid him in between two rocks toward the top until he took hold. He is still in that spot, but he will not eat and he is shrinking. His color is good, but he has been shrinking since he moved down to the middle of the tank. He stays mostly closed, but when he opens, he is only 1 1/2" across. From what I know, it sounds like he is dying. Is there any reason he could be acting like this? Does anyone have any ideas that I could try?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.9%
Back