Reefer Brent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Looking to add a controllable light to my Aquatop 40 cube (21.7×21.7×21.7). Love the look and coverage of the 30w actinic blue and white it comes with but I want it to be more controllable than 2 on off switches on the cord. I ordered the current usa orbit 24 but the app was not available which shows lack of reliability so I returned it. I ordered one 21 blade grow but am worried about the color spread that I have read about. Blue one side white the other. Does anyone know if it has been fixed or is it not that bad?

20230615_171834.jpg

Rugops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was probably me who said that there was a weird color spread. I got one that was faulty from the start but I got a replacement for it and doesn't have a spread.

I like it alot. I have grown everything from nice torches to pests. You should be ok.

Solasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two on my 8 foot tank and no color spread. Great lights all my LPS look happy with them

OP
OP
R

Reefer Brent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two on my 8 foot tank and no color spread. Great lights all my LPS look happy with them
Awesome! I am hoping this is the case for me as they should look very sleek. I got the rim mounts for it as well. Tomorrow is delivery day!

OP
OP
R

Reefer Brent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was probably me who said that there was a weird color spread. I got one that was faulty from the start but I got a replacement for it and doesn't have a spread.

I like it alot. I have grown everything from nice torches to pests. You should be ok.
Ah gotcha. Yeah I have seen a few instances of it. Even a YouTube complaint video so got kinda worried. Glad the new one is good to go.

OP
OP
R

Reefer Brent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230617_094500.jpg
The blade is installed about to start its first schedule from the Mobius app which IMHO is far superior to the AI app. Played with the AI app then downloaded the Mobius which immediately recognized the blade needed an update. Hoping this update fixed the coloration issues it was showing while testing on my countertop. Fingers crossed update to follow.

OP
OP
R

Reefer Brent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So I love the light but it does have the whit blue spread issue. It's not bad but it's there. How did you go about replacing it. I'm thinking of contacting AI vs BRS where I bought it as AI prob has more information on the issue and can possibly ensure I get a fixed model.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I love the light but it does have the whit blue spread issue. It's not bad but it's there. How did you go about replacing it. I'm thinking of contacting AI vs BRS where I bought it as AI prob has more information on the issue and can possibly ensure I get a fixed model.
any pictures? does it even show up on pictures, I know leds and pictures don't mix well.

OP
OP
R

Reefer Brent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hard to tell but I can imagine what you're saying, it sure does look good over the tank tho it's a nice looking light, with a sleek design. hope you get it sorted out!
Thanks! Yeah I'm definitely gonna keep it either way. It's the perfect size and light output. Love the mounts as well to give it the great spread.

Rugops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to contact AI. Just contact customer support and from there just say you got a faulty one and you haev the option of getting a new one. I suppose you have the warranty still?

Chad3407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i bought 2 of the 30" and both are whiter on 1 side. i contacted ai and they would only replace one light at a time which i found odd but either way the replacement light came in and it was whiter on one side as well. i sent the original light back and was told i had to wait 3-4 weeks for a tech to look at the light and determine the issue before they would replace the 2 current lights i have. this was 3 weeks ago so still waiting for a resolution.

OP
OP
R

Reefer Brent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i bought 2 of the 30" and both are whiter on 1 side. i contacted ai and they would only replace one light at a time which i found odd but either way the replacement light came in and it was whiter on one side as well. i sent the original light back and was told i had to wait 3-4 weeks for a tech to look at the light and determine the issue before they would replace the 2 current lights i have. this was 3 weeks ago so still waiting for a resolution.
Yeah that is what I am afraid of. I will likely get the replacement and keep whichever one is better. The light just fits too perfect and gives a nice glow for such a good price. Process is kind of annoying though cause instead of calling you they make you call them back and wait on hold again to pay $1 for the warranty claim.

KnH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any resolution with AI on getting the problem sorted out,
I really want to get the blades for my aquarium but keep hearing about the uneven lighting white-blue spread issue

OP
OP
R

Reefer Brent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any resolution with AI on getting the problem sorted out,
I really want to get the blades for my aquarium but keep hearing about the uneven lighting white-blue spread issue
So I have submitted the claim and they are waiting to send me a new one from a new production of them. Prob be about 2 weeks they said.

Funny thing is they accidentally sent a replacement immediately that had the same issue. I sent that back too. Still on the wait list.

Other than that I really like the light. I have it on 50 percent intensity right now and still seems to be plenty of output.

OP
OP
R

Reefer Brent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally got the "new production" of the blade and its worse than the one I have! Makes my tank look like a Batman villan. It's going back as soon as they send a return label they forgot to enclose. Pretty frustrating so far.

OP
OP
R

Reefer Brent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally got the "new production" of the blade and its worse than the one I have! Makes my tank look like a Batman villan. It's going back as soon as they send a return label they forgot to enclose. Pretty frustrating so far.
I have been dealing with Aqua Illumination customer service for 2 months now and still no good answer. They say they are having production issues and don't know when I will get a working one. They also won't trade for a different light. Consumer has to deal with a lack of Quality Control apparently. After having 3 with the same issue I don't recommend this light at all.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back