Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my order at Live Aquaria...
20240312_162139.jpg

The fish i got...

20240312_161957.jpg 20240312_161926.jpg 20240312_161853.jpg 20240312_161850.jpg 20240312_161840.jpg

They are very healty sitting in my old DT for observation. But i realized... these guys do not look like disbars... im missing a lot of Red Juvi Disbar's have.

But purple eye liner + purple strip + orange dorsal fin = Juvi Lyretails no?
Disbar's had red dorsals, and no eye liner but most importantly was not half as aggressive as lyres nor required as much feeding?
Doesn't 5 of these guys require a tank larger then a 150g lagoon?

Are these disbars from sri lanka? or did live aquaria goof and send me lyretails?

OP
OP
Naekuh

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah thats what i thought...

But LA is saying they are Dispars...
@Naekuh Thank you for your comment. These fish appear to be female Dispar Anthias given the yellowish-orange top and pale lavender to white underside. If you wish to provide additional pictures under white lighting, please email those to [email protected] for further review.

I will contact CS and see whats up.

I did not want lyres, because i heard they are gangsters in the Anthia side and i wanted a mix of more Dispars, and Randalls.

How big of a tank do 4 lyres even require?
My tank is only 4ftx3ft with a HNSA scape layout.

I have enough hiding places in the main display, but i do not think my tank can support them, which is a shame, because they are VERY healthy, eatting almost every frozen food i have thrown into the old DT and are super active and curious.

I had a one die on me last night though observation so here is the pictures of the body:
20240313_085728.jpg 20240313_085723.jpg 20240313_085717.jpg

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 6 lyretails 1 ws becoming male it killed the rest. I add 3 more a year later same result. So yeah I'd say gangsters is a somewhat good description that was a standard 125 6' long tank.

OP
OP
Naekuh

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They get about 3” and would be fine in your tank! I’d assume that’s the fish from the second picture up from the bottom it appears to maybe have uronenma or how ever you spell it lol..

Nah i litterally sat there for hours watching to make sure they didnt show any sign of Uro.
I really do not want to have to bring out the treatment tank...

The dead one was the one that came weak during shipping. I had a feeling it would not make it, compared to the other 4 which are amazingly happy and in great condition.

As i said i lost 4 randalls to uro, ended up toasting my QT with chlorine... cant get that smell out with prime no matter how hard i try, hence why they are in the old DT.

Lyretail anthias are pretty awful shippers. They're one of the few fish I've lost after adding to the tank. I have a pair in a 4ft x 2ft tank with no issues.

which makes me sad i think i used all my luck on these guys.
Because the other 4 are super healthy and active... eatting almost everything that they can get at, and is very curious at me enough to come up to the glass each time they see me.

Last edited:

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also do think they would be ok in the tank, I had 3 in a 75 and they did great and I never had aggression issues

I have always heard you want to try to have the in groups of 3 but this could work out ok due to your tank size

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back