Another crazy DIY!!! 36 tanks one system...

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:sigh: man another 10 hours of plumbing.... But she's operational... I'll get more pix tomorrow when it clears up but it looks sweet...1smile1
97cb368b.jpg

e8910ffe.jpg

excellent work Troy,as always.....great to see you back to doing what you do best,I hadn't heard from you in a while,how's things going with work and all ?

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup all acrylic tanks...:) when I get a little time I will explain more how it's gonna work...
I was faced with a few issues like height and width etc... Also minimal plumbing so the top tanks will drain to the center and the center tanks to the bottom and the bottom to the sump... With a return feeding all the top tanks etc... Arr spent the last 8 hours putting this together in my head... But I see it haha...

Just a heads up from my own experience: those bottom two tiers of tanks will be nothing more than settling tanks for the crud from the layer(s) above. Flow in those layers will be more crucial than in ordinary tanks. From an ideal stand point of draining water to a filter it's a poor design (again, from my experience - not critiquing you), but when it's gotta be, it's gotta be. Forewarned is fore-armed! :)

Good luck!
-Matt

Last edited:

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This system is actually doing very well man.. Been up and running a couple months now..;) it's far from my first rodeo haha..:tongue:

Awesome!

Would love to hear some more detail about it when you have the time! :nerd:

-Matt

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 109 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back