Another crazy DIY!!! 36 tanks one system...

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stand is done 100%... Now the hardest part of the whole job plumbing it and making it work haha.. It will have a return pump teed off to the 18cubes on the top shelf and then draining into 18 lower tanks with no micro bubbles etc...:sad:
ba1238b2.jpg

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sheeeeeesh... Been plumbing since 4pm... 6 hours later on the dot I have it all dry fit and ready to glue... Just gotta pick up a few more 90's and it's a wrap.... Even had to get creative with a couple parts because my steel supports we're in the way... Anywho some pix for you pleasure... Very close to fill time!!!1smile1 all plumbing will also be painted black to match the stand and blend in... Right now I wanted to get some pix where you can see it before it goes camo...1smile1
45dd34b5.jpg

f3a6bbb0.jpg

9c92fcc2.jpg

4d0b8dd7.jpg

Last edited:

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW! Looks great man. You would think you did this for a living or something and actually knew what you were doing....:tongue:

Seriously, some quality craftsmanship there....1smile1

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SICK! this looks nothing like your chicken scratch sketches :tongue: very nice job!
Thank you...

WOW! Looks great man. You would think you did this for a living or something and actually knew what you were doing....:tongue:

Seriously, some quality craftsmanship there....1smile1
maybe some day man... If I had the money to set up a shop I would prolly take a run at it... The plumbing is the only part I'm not sure how it's gonna work... Getting 6 full siphon drains balanced is gonna be a real pita!!!!:xd:

secretreefer

**MAD PHANTOM SCIENTIST**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome build Lee. man i wish i had that skillz. maybe i could get that custom sump build i've been slacking on.....

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome build Lee. man i wish i had that skillz. maybe i could get that custom sump build i've been slacking on.....
Thanks bro... Been at it again since 4pm its now midnight and I have to be at work in 5 hours..:sad: plenty of pix tomorrow guys I gotta hit the sack...

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be lit by LEDs..... All systems go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally haha.... I got to install it at 7am and its a wrap... All these late nights and being late for work twice this week will all be worth it tomorrow when this system is wet... Can't wait plenty of pix as I unwrap the present in the morning and add 350 gallons of fresh saltwater waiting to be cycled....1smile1

secretreefer

**MAD PHANTOM SCIENTIST**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Lee! man you are my DIY idol. i need to steal some skillz when i come up to LV in sept! Will the Dojo be open then? LOL!

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be lit by LEDs..... All systems go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally haha.... I got to install it at 7am and its a wrap... All these late nights and being late for work twice this week will all be worth it tomorrow when this system is wet... Can't wait plenty of pix as I unwrap the present in the morning and add 350 gallons of fresh saltwater waiting to be cycled....1smile1
alright man! what a project. great job. 1smile1

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Marv.... That thing whooped me bro haha.... I worked from the minute I got home from work till midnight 3 nights this week and to be up at 5 for work.... The plumbing sucked like I figured... My original manifold drains didn't work so I had to scrap it and make all new individual drains for each tank.... Live and learn haha... It was a challenge so it was great but the minute I peeled the paper and put water in it, it made all those long nights worth it!!!!! It's glad to be back on r2r and have free time again lol.....;)

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great man. So the top row drains to the middle row, the middle row drains to the bottom row, the bottom row drains to a sump and then is returned to the top? You have some serious skills with the acrylic. Its something that I really would like to learn. Again great job very clean looking setup.

Kevin

altezza01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is an incedible build. if i did anything like that it would be leaning and leaking water everywhere.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. And what also is awesome is that I get to go and see it in person :)
Good job Troy
Thanks man... Should be stocked this Thursday or Friday....
Looks great man. So the top row drains to the middle row, the middle row drains to the bottom row, the bottom row drains to a sump and then is returned to the top? You have some serious skills with the acrylic. Its something that I really would like to learn. Again great job very clean looking setup.

Kevin
Correct... The tricky part was all the tanks had to have full siphon drains " a durso with out a air vent" reason being is I didnt want to introduce air or bubbles into the displays... Since the top drains into the middle a standard durso would leave the middle and bottom tanks with millions of bubbles..:(

that is an incedible build. if i did anything like that it would be leaning and leaking water everywhere.
thanks man... Those were the easy parts.. The plumbing sucked haha...

KoleTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great job! what paint did you use for the PVC? You should get a pic of it with all of the fish and critters in it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back