Another crazy DIY!!! 36 tanks one system...

jaytizzle

Fish Pro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Troy where do you get the acrylic sheets from.

He gets them local due to high shipping rates (He said this one page back I think) Makes a lot of sense I had to order a sheet once, no one has opaque black near me. I hate it when it costs more to ship something than to purchase it.

My club goes through a bunch of acrylic from time to time when we're doing workshops. I always get my sheets from www.estreetplastics.com. I've made several orders through them myself. Shipping is very reasonable and their material prices seem to be pretty good as well. I know a brick-and-mortar store near me charges about double for the same size sheet as these guys do online.

Troy, that is some ***** nice work dude!

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thank you everyone for the kind words... Been super busy at work but got the weekend to get some stuff done hopefully...
@reefer83 sorry man didn't know you were a local haha... There is a few places man "pidemont plastics, welches, piper, sabic, interstate electric, montroy"there all local and carry it...

DxSOR25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow and I'm complaining about attempting a 20x20 acrylic fuge build

Just Clownin Around

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update all tanks are done 100% polished with overflows etc... Waiting on steel for the stand...:xd:
a1b3377c.jpg

46fa639f.jpg

can you do something like these with opaque dividers
might be moving and upgrading the system in the process

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got the steel and whipped up the stand.. Just gotta make the shelves for the center tanks but the rest is done minus grinding and rhino liner...
A few pix... I'll have it knocked it out before game time tomorrow..1smile1
2f600cb9.jpg

08103db4.jpg

038ac1aa.jpg

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I bought 8 sticks and bright them to my work and chopped them up... Took me 2 hours to cut it there or it would have took me all day at home since I'm not set up to do it here at my house... 160 ft of steel in this stand... Total of 47 pieces...

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good Lee. I know what you mean about trying to cut all that steel at home. I can't wait to get some tables set up, Im getting tired of building stuff on the garage floor. Looking forward to seeing some tanks on that bad boy.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stand is complete minus painting... I'm gonna enjoy the rest of the day...:sad: should have water in it and running Tuesday or Wednesday in my garage make sure every thing works right then drain it and take it to its home....
ec90595d.jpg

9f38d1b0.jpg

34bf2537.jpg

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys for the kind words... Well no pix but I got the stand all grinded and cleaned up and rhino lined... I'll snap some pix tomorrow just gotta plumb it and do a test run with the plumbing... Not sure how it's gonna work yet since it has a single return pump feeding the top 2 tanks... The top tanks will drain to the center and the center to the bottom and the bottom to the sump " haha say that 3 times fast" anyways I can't use a traditional durso pipe since it will introduce air and cause bubbles in the displays "center & bottom" so I have to run full siphons to eliminate that issue... Should be fun dialing it all in lol...:tongue:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back