Any Fish you regret?????

Coffee Soundboard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of all my fish, I’d say my Gold Nugget Wrasse. I like him just fine, but he is nowhere near as colorful as I expected.

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral Beauty. Read about how peaceful they are, and a good tank mate... mine is a complete jerk. Kept my female clown up in a corner of the tank, would bully every fish, nipped the poor firefish pretty badly. Now that it's gone, everything is so happy. Clowns swim all over, every fish is out and about, peace reigns.

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lyretail anthias

I have a pair and the male has been the bully of the tank for a couple years.

It took me adding a hippo and foxface to try to gain some balance in the tank. Even being twice its size the lyretail still flairs and tries to chase everyone

Baronen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomini tang. Just a big meanie with new additions. My first tang so I have nothing to compare it to but I believe he has also directly caused the deaths of a few fish

Sitcher6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish here as well...once they became a mated pair and started laying eggs they became ultra aggressive to all other fish in the tank. Nearly bullied my yellow coris wrasse to death. I like clowns but now I think I'd only keep them in a very large tank or species only tank.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought it was the most peaceful tang
Naso is probably the most peaceful tang from my experience! Tangs are just mean lol mine do well in my semi aggressive to aggressive tank set up. Add a timid fish and they go after it like a wolf pack!

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230604_190017.jpg 20230604_185212.jpg

He even tries to bow up against me!
20230604_185213.jpg

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought it was the most peaceful of all tangs?

Nah i have yet to see a cool tang... maybe the larger ones are peaceful, but all the one's ive seen once they declare the tank, the United Colony of Tangtopia, its pretty much GG.

But fish i regret and will never buy again...

1. 6 line wrasse.... dont even get me started on this spawn of hell known as the 6 line.
2. Orchid Dotty... These guys are ONLY cool for existing fish when introduced... after that, its GG, they always feel the need to jump the new guy in some sort of initiation right.
3. C. Rubius, aka the red longfin fairy wrasse... a COMPLETE A HOLE.
4. Chromis in groups... bah, actually Chromis in general because they will kill each other off.
5. All Damsels.... ugh... dont get me started on how nasty these little boogers are.
6. Lyretail Anthias.... these guys are evil as well. There are better and much peaceful Anthias to look at like the Carberryi, and Dispar.

As for Inverts...

1. ALL CRABS... sorry there is no such thing as a reef safe crab, you mean a partially distracted crab, which has not learned to munch on your expensive corals or killed any of your fish.
2. Boxer Shrimp... NOPE... they like to kill fish if they have the oportunity...
3. Cleaner Shrimp... you will NEVER be able to feed your corals with these boogers, once they learn your coral is a slot machine for food if they hit it enough like wack a mole.
4. Nerite Snails... whats the point in a snail if its 90% gonna crawl out of your tank and then commit seppuku.
5. Astera Snails... although i will still buy them, but i wonder how they made it though evolution and NEVER learned to flip themself over right.

Last edited by a moderator:

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Copperband Butterfly. They're docile, attractive fish but their dietary requirements aren't always straight forward and are so anti-aggressive that even fish making sudden movements seems to stress them out exacerbating the feeding issue further.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 15 6.7%
Back